• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kickoffs about to be a thing of the past

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Football will be unrecognizable in 10 years from what we grew up with (I'm 30). It has already changed a lot.

I'm not a fan of these changes. If you want safety, finish school and get a regular job. You wanna be paid millions of dollars for playing a game, there's risks.

What a fucking joke. I will stop following the NFL if they do this.

riiiiight.jpg

So it looks like the Southpark with a reference to Sarcastiball was correct

I wonder how long until Butters's goo goes on sale

I wonder how long until Butters's goo goes on sale

Actually, they already have it in a pill form. You may have heard of it - it's called adderall. :chuckles:

im almost totally done with sports in general. its already obvious the NBA and NCAAF try and control the games (As in get certain teams to win), to me this is just making the NFL total crap.

Sarcasta Ball anyone?

Players should stop suing the NFL. Sorry, but I think that's the reason the league is looking into making the game overly safe. That, and smaller rosters could be a motive for the NFL..

Hopefully some billionaire see's a way to profit in all this and forms a new league where kickoffs are done correctly.

Ok, I just got off the phone with a friend who works with Roger Goodell, and he said Goodell has had numerous phone conversations with President Obama! Apparently the commander in chief is also very concerned about player safety and the state of the game. He feels that "the playing field" is not level... that it looks to him as tho some players have an advantage over others... they might be faster, or bigger... and he wants to level the talent field. So one of the proposals under consideration for kickoffs is this for the coverage squads and return blockers....
299542_290178664341288_109015142457642_1204211_245864563_n.jpg

...and this for the return man: return man MUST hop on one leg the length of the return. Any contact to the ground with his other foot will deem the player to be stopped immediately.

hi-res-136069612_display_image.jpg

Hey. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just passing on what I know.

It is a fucking joke and they shouldnt do it, think of how many players have made there living in the NFL just being Special team players...Or even great players who got there start on special teams..

So if they ban the kickoffs concussions wont happen anymore? So in a punt or in a normal formation (instead of the onside kick) concussions wont happen?

Things like that wont work, and if it keeps going like this, this game wont even be football anymore.

Real solutions like forcing the players to wear the safer helmets would work. But naaah, they think its too uncomfortable, so lets change the rules.

You hit on a point that's going to ruin the NFL. No, not changing kick off rules (honestly, who gives a shit) - the talent pool.

Think of it in this context: I played in high school and briefly in college (before I broke my jaw and decided playing TE at a D3 school wasn't worth it). Additionally, I'm as big of a browns fan as anyone. I'm getting dangerously close to having kids (yikes) & do not want my son to play football. Will I stop him? No. But I'll make him aware of all the issues at hand.

Now, I'm not suggesting my son would become an all star football player. But multiply my above reaction by a factor of 10's of millions and you're going to have massive talent gaps in the upcoming years.

You hit on a point that's going to ruin the NFL. No, not changing kick off rules (honestly, who gives a shit) - the talent pool.

Think of it in this context: I played in high school and briefly in college (before I broke my jaw and decided playing TE at a D3 school wasn't worth it). Additionally, I'm as big of a browns fan as anyone. I'm getting dangerously close to having kids (yikes) & do not want my son to play football. Will I stop him? No. But I'll make him aware of all the issues at hand.

Now, I'm not suggesting my son would become an all star football player. But multiply my above reaction by a factor of 10's of millions and you're going to have massive talent gaps in the upcoming years.

Even with all the dangers of football coming out lately (Who would've thought that two people running into each other at full speed would be bad for you?) I don't imagine it will hinder the pool too much. A large chunk of NFL players come from poor areas, the prospects of wealth and fame can be a hell of a motivator.

Don't understand these NFL measures. Players train and join this league knowing the risks. They have known them their entire life. Where was this safety movement in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's? The game of football starts by kicking a football with your foot, now we won't even have that. Players know what they are getting into, if it's not for them, there are other jobs and sports out there. A 19 year old kid going into the Army as infantry knows he has a higher chance of being killed, maybe we should just tell all the insurgents they're not allowed to attempt headshots or even shoot anymore.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."