• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Luiz Adriano is a Douche Nozzle

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
So now we have yet another example of scoring a goal being looked down upon.

Baseball players have gotten hits on intentional walk pitches that came too close to the plate. Justin Forsett just yesterday ran a ball 80+ yards into the end zone after clearly being tackled and fooling the refs into thinking he wasn't.

Can anyone guess whether the other team was gifted a make-up score as a result?

I'm not an expert, I just assume it happens because the gays are more sensitive. Am I right here Dave?

[video=youtube;jeSZWNtMKxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeSZWNtMKxA[/video]
[video=youtube;xlUtqseWtcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlUtqseWtcE[/video]

Last edited:
So now we have yet another example of scoring a goal being looked down upon.

Baseball players have gotten hits on intentional walk pitches that came too close to the plate. Justin Forsett just yesterday ran a ball 80+ yards into the end zone after clearly being tackled and fooling the refs into thinking he wasn't.

Can anyone guess whether the other team was gifted a make-up score as a result?

This is completely missing the point.

One great thing about soccer is how players have way more control over starts and stops than american sports. It's funny how you constantly hear basketball/football fans complain about "refs think it's about them" and "refs need to stay out of the game", yet this is somehow frowned upon as well.

Example: When a player throws the ball out of bounds in other sports, the ref stops the game and has to go set the ball precisely where it went out. (I concede that this is important in football because of first down distances). In soccer, if the ball is kicked out of bounds, the opposing player runs, gets the ball and stands approximately where the ball went out and continues play as quick as he wants. It keeps the game going and doesn't punish the opposing team by stopping momentum. Same thing with free kicks.

The fair play rule is another great one. It's out of respect for the other team who has an injured player. Team A has the ball and Team B's player gets hurt. Since Team A does not yet have a big scoring chance, they kick it out of bounds on purpose to stop play so that Team B can recover from injury. It is now officially Team B's ball, but to return the respect they pass it in and kick it back to Team A, in effect restarting the position before the injury. Players handled the whole thing properly and fair play was enforced without refs having to slow the game down.

Naturally, when you have one case out of a million when a player abuses the fair play rule, takes advantage and scores a goal when the defense wasn't even playing, you'll have backlash and an entertaining video.

another benefit to soccer is that you can take a nap for practically the entire game and not miss a thing

In the initial film. I dont see a guy down for injury. and the opponent call a formation when the ref holds up the ball

This is completely missing the point.

One great thing about soccer is how players have way more control over starts and stops than american sports. It's funny how you constantly hear basketball/football fans complain about "refs think it's about them" and "refs need to stay out of the game", yet this is somehow frowned upon as well.

Example: When a player throws the ball out of bounds in other sports, the ref stops the game and has to go set the ball precisely where it went out. (I concede that this is important in football because of first down distances). In soccer, if the ball is kicked out of bounds, the opposing player runs, gets the ball and stands approximately where the ball went out and continues play as quick as he wants. It keeps the game going and doesn't punish the opposing team by stopping momentum. Same thing with free kicks.

The fair play rule is another great one. It's out of respect for the other team who has an injured player. Team A has the ball and Team B's player gets hurt. Since Team A does not yet have a big scoring chance, they kick it out of bounds on purpose to stop play so that Team B can recover from injury. It is now officially Team B's ball, but to return the respect they pass it in and kick it back to Team A, in effect restarting the position before the injury. Players handled the whole thing properly and fair play was enforced without refs having to slow the game down.

Naturally, when you have one case out of a million when a player abuses the fair play rule, takes advantage and scores a goal when the defense wasn't even playing, you'll have backlash and an entertaining video.

Good point. Nothing more exciting than throw ins and various other stops and starts...

Yea, Adriano is a douche. This mentality that it isn't specifically against the rules so it's ok is so much bullshit. There are standards by which a professional should conduct himself. If you play a game where it's universally expected that you give the ball back to the opposing team if they had an injury, that's what you do. Do you do that type of thing in basketball and football? No. But there is no expectation from the other players that you would do something like. It isn't a time-honored tradition. This is. THere's nothing wrong with showing a little sportsmanship.

And just to off-set the majority of the thread, I love soccer. Played it in highschool, was pretty good at it, and have long been a fan of professional soccer. I do find it funny one of the primary complaints about soccer is that its to slow and there isn't enough action, yet the same people then turn around and watch a baseball game for three hours :) .

Baseball is boring as hell too. And yet, there's still significantly more scoring than soccer.

the first example. everyone was standing and noone was hurt. in the second example the ball gets put into play with a guy down.

If the team was using injuries to take a breather on the field. they deserved what they got.

that play isnt a guy taking advantage of a man being hurt.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."