• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trade Idea: 3-way 2011 draft reshuffle

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

narbar32

Logjammin'
Reaction score
I almost never create topics nor have I ever posted a made up trade proposal, but this one right here has just been begging to be unleashed from my mind, aching to be ridiculed; also, for once, the Trades Board needs more trade ideas to discuss outside of just Andy/OKC.

Minnesota out: Derrick Williams
Minnesota in: Marshon Brooks*

Brooklyn out: Marshon Brooks*
Brooklyn in: Tristan Thompson

Cleveland out: Tristan Thompson
Cleveland in: Derrick Williams

*The salaries don't completely match up, but I believe the Nets still have a $1.4 mil TPE to send to Minnesota, which I think could make it work (then again, I'm rubbish at this sort of shit). Perhaps a 2nd round pick or two might need to come into play as well. This is the basic framework, though.

So, on to the why's of it all...

Minne: Williams has no place on that team. They need another wing, especially due to Roy being what everyone else thought he was. They save money and trade upside at a position of strength for upside at a position of need. Brooks may not play defense, but neither does Williams all that well. Maybe they get a 2nd rounder thrown their way, too. Probably still not enough, but I've been surprised recently by the shit some internetting Wolves fans would be okay with taking in exchange for Williams.

Brooklyn: This is a tough sell in my head. Sure, Marshon is sort of languishing on their bench and doesn't have a real place on their team right now either, but why wouldn't they just trade him for Williams themselves, rather than Tristan? Well, because I want the Cavs to have Derrick Williams and not have Tristan. Perhaps, though, Tristan would fit better next to Brook. I could see it. Tristan is a lot like Hump, only 6-7 years younger, with the increased upside that comes with that youth, and is probably already better defensively, though not even as good (read: mediocre) offensively right now. But with Hump and Blatche, two complete dildos, manning the PF spot for them currently, even though doing so with some success, I could see them interested in getting younger and potentially better, certainly defensively, at their weakest position.

Cleveland: I don't like the way Tristan plays and I think I might like the way Derrick Williams plays, if he were a Cav. That's it. Oh, and Williams has cool dunks. If that's not enough, I still like Williams' upside better and, with Kyrie, Andy, Dion, Zeller, and Byron Scott, I like Williams' fit better, too. I think he's a better pick and roll/pop partner, certainly. Could end up another chucker, though. But he's not Tristan, which is pretty much the key to this trade in my mind.

There. It's out there. Bye.

How dare you criticize Thompson before his like 6th season in the NBA!!!!1111.

Where do I sign? Adding a forward that has any kind of offensive skill would be a huge addition for this team. Unfortunately I'd be shocked if the Cavs are considering moving TT at this point.

I would also try to ship Tristan directly to Minn for Derrick Williams. Love of course is the starter there but Tristan might also be a good fit next to Pekovic who is strictly an offensive minded center. Williams' agent is asking out of Minnesota but they are apparently waiting for Rubio to come back before making any major deals. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Williams packaged in a bigger deal before the deadline.

I'm not a huge Tristan Thompson fan, but I'm even less of a Derrick Williams fan. I want no part of him. He's a poor man's Michael Beasley. There isn't anyone on the current Cavaliers roster that I'd trade straight up for Derrick Williams except, perhaps, Luke Walton.

I'm not a huge Tristan Thompson fan, but I'm even less of a Derrick Williams fan. I want no part of him. He's a poor man's Michael Beasley. There isn't anyone on the current Cavaliers roster that I'd trade straight up for Derrick Williams except, perhaps, Luke Walton.

Well that isn't very fair really. There are plenty of players that I would trade straight up for Derrick Williams, including: Luke Walton, Samardo Samuels, Omri Casspi, CJ Miles, Donald Sloan, Kevin Jones, and Tristan Thompson.

He hasn't had much of a chance to play yet, and he is an athletic freak.

Well that isn't very fair really. There are plenty of players that I would trade straight up for Derrick Williams, including: Luke Walton, Samardo Samuels, Omri Casspi, CJ Miles, Donald Sloan, Kevin Jones, and Tristan Thompson.

He hasn't had much of a chance to play yet, and he is an athletic freak.

You and I can agree to disagree then.

He's athletic, sure, but a "freak" he is not. He's 6'7" and isn't tall/long enough to play the 4 and , obviously, can't play the 3 either. He's not a shooter and is too short and lacks the creativity to get his shot off in the post. If he was the 2nd coming of Paul Millsap, I'd be intrigued. Hell, if he was another Jason Maxiell, I'd be interested. I think, however, that Derrick Williams will prove to be a reach. I don't see any NBA skills in him (and never have).

You and I can agree to disagree then.

He's athletic, sure, but a "freak" he is not. He's 6'7" and isn't tall/long enough to play the 4 and , obviously, can't play the 3 either. He's not a shooter and is too short and lacks the creativity to get his shot off in the post. If he was the 2nd coming of Paul Millsap, I'd be intrigued. Hell, if he was another Jason Maxiell, I'd be interested. I think, however, that Derrick Williams will prove to be a reach. I don't see any NBA skills in him (and never have).

He has the same maybe slightly better measurements than TT. Add in what he brings in offensively, I would definitely consider moving TT for Dwill.

He has the same maybe slightly better measurements than TT. Add in what he brings in offensively, I would definitely consider moving TT for Dwill.

Derrick Williams isn't known for his offense. Actually he isn't known for his defense either. He's known for being terrible.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."