• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rather than just ignore member function, how about an "Ignore Thread" one?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rabman_gold

All-Star
Reaction score
Is it possible? There's a certain thread about some guy currently living in South Florida, and it won't end. I'd love to use that function, if only for that thread...

Is it possible? There's a certain thread about some guy currently living in South Florida, and it won't end. I'd love to use that function, if only for that thread...

That... and I have this OCD problem where if I had posted in a thread, and it has that little green thing saying I posted, I HAVE to keep checking it. It's frustrating. I don't want to keep going into the Tristan thread to see Jon and Joe arguing about nothing!

Don't click the thread.

But I mean, if you see a thread title about a gay carnival with Dave_K and Theo, how are you not going to click on the thread? Cmon, lets try to be a little realistic here.

There are Firefox and Chrome add-ons that block you from going to URLs. You could enter the URL from those threads and theoretically block access to that thread. I haven't tried, but I'm just throwing out suggestions here.

Let's open this can of worms, shall we (sorry for the necro-bump)?

Now that we're on Xenforo, can we please install one of the "ignore post/thread" add-ons? Particularly for certain forums (I'm not a huge football or baseball fan, so I rarely visit them here).

Additionally, I'd like to have less content being shown in the "New Post" section. It's a pain shifting through and then making it "Read" just for it to reappear after another added post. Is it possible to combine this with the ignore?

And if you can do that much, is it possible to make certain posts an exception with keywords? That way, if there's a date that passes, I can still follow the other news around the net (big Browns/Indians news, what's happening in the world news, etc.).

Let's open this can of worms, shall we (sorry for the necro-bump)?

Now that we're on Xenforo, can we please install one of the "ignore post/thread" add-ons? Particularly for certain forums (I'm not a huge football or baseball fan, so I rarely visit them here).

Additionally, I'd like to have less content being shown in the "New Post" section. It's a pain shifting through and then making it "Read" just for it to reappear after another added post. Is it possible to combine this with the ignore?

And if you can do that much, is it possible to make certain posts an exception with keywords? That way, if there's a date that passes, I can still follow the other news around the net (big Browns/Indians news, what's happening in the world news, etc.).

I was just about to post this exact topic. As another frequent New Post user it would be much easier to wade through if it was possible to block certain threads, forums etc..

I'd vote for this too. It would keep my list of threads and number of unread posts uncluttered.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."