• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Connecticut School Shooting

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Imagine if teachers were armed, lives could have been saved and it would of been a shootout of course, or maybe the coward would thought twice about doing this. But how would people feel about sending their kids to school knowing teachers are armed? Security seems irrelevant anymore. Just thinking out loud.

So we have had Superstorm Sandy and now this horrific tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary. Weird...

Imagine if teachers were armed, lives could have been saved and it would of been a shootout of course, or maybe the coward would thought twice about doing this. But how would people feel about sending their kids to school knowing teachers are armed? Security seems irrelevant anymore. Just thinking out loud.

How long until a teacher snaps and something similar happens?

More guns, I assure you...is not the answer.

How long until a teacher snaps and something similar happens?

More guns, I assure you...is not the answer.

Basically this. Teachers could have guns until the first time one of them decides to stop taking shit from their most obnoxious student. Then they'd all be taken away and there would be a huge lawsuit.

I don't think this has anything to do with gun control. This is about crazy people. A crazed individual who wants to inflict pain will always figure out a way.

because teachers are somehow immune from snapping and doing this sort of thing themselves?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this world is well overdue for a massive plague.

If it starts inside a maximum security prison, I'm game.

smh the answer is to have security guards and measures taken to control who gets in and out of the school, not teachers with guns, not banning guns, etc.

I absolutely cannot stand people that think guns should be banned. You really think it would make a difference if they were? You have to be pretty damn naive to believe that. Drugs are illegal, but you can get them anywhere!

Teachers having guns is a bad idea. Security guards having them is PROBABLY a good idea. It's still hard to say. It's people that are the problems.

smh the answer is to have security guards and measures taken to control who gets in and out of the school, not teachers with guns, not banning guns, etc.

I absolutely cannot stand people that think guns should be banned. You really think it would make a difference if they were? You have to be pretty damn naive to believe that. Drugs are illegal, but you can get them anywhere!
seriously? because .00001% of kindergartener's have a sociopath father who shot up a school?

the gun control stuff is tiresome but suggesting security guards at all schools is equally bad.

seriously? because .00001% of kindergartener's have a sociopath father who shot up a school?

the gun control stuff is tiresome but suggesting security guards at all schools is equally bad.

Why is it a bad idea to have at least one armed security guard at all schools?

You really have to take a step back and wonder.

Are we this lazy as a society to not find the root psychological issues of what is causing this outpouring of violence and vitriol, instead spending millions upon millions of dollars to secure elementary schools from domestic terrorism?

I'm sorry, but I just can't wrap my head around that as a sensible mechanism for stopping the violence.

security guards at schools are nothing new.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."