• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Past, Present, and Future: Your Ideal Cavs Contender:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What type of contender do you want to see in the future?

• Total voters
You say Len could be that player but 2years from now then why not draft him. We wont be contending anytime soon anyway so whats the rush. Also waiters has shown plenty signs of being that player to. He gets to the rim and he his good in pick and roll and its only his rookie season. Give him time and when he starts getting calls and gets more comfortable he will easily be a 17-20ppg guy with good assist numbers and good defense.

I would be thrilled with Len, but I am not sure he is the type of 2nd Banana people are looking for. My point is the draft wont bring us back to NBA title contention by itself. We are going to need to make 1-2 major moves in the next year and a half on top of the draft. There is no way around it!

I would be thrilled with Len, but I am not sure he is the type of 2nd Banana people are looking for. My point is the draft wont bring us back to NBA title contention by itself. We are going to need to make 1-2 major moves in the next year and a half on top of the draft. There is no way around it!

Noels looks to be the better answer for the team we are assembling in my opinion. I think he will track closer to Garnett... However I would not argue with having 2 Zellers.

Noels looks to be the better answer for the team we are assembling in my opinion. I think he will track closer to Garnett... However I would not argue with having 2 Zellers.

How the hell will Noel be anything like Garnett? He has no offensive game whatsoever. End of story. If anyone is going to be the next Garnett, it'll be Anthony Davis. Noel wishes he was Anthony Davis.

This team functions best when everyone can shoot and run the floor well. Len can shoot very well for a big man. Noel can't shoot at all. Len is also even longer than Noel at 7'1" and a 7'5" wingspan. He also has the frame to defend the post whereas Noel will be questionable in that area. Len can also post up and he can shot block very well. We're in dire need of big men who can score. Len fits that mold much better than Noel, and Len is great on defense as well.

I don't think it's any question that Len fits infinitely better for this team than Noel.

It's been proven you need stars to win championships in the NBA. In the last 33 years there's really been only 2 teams (Lenny Wilkens late 70's Seattle team and the Billups/Hamilton/Wallaces Pistons team) that won a title without what most would consider multiple star/superstar caliber players.
That is why the Cavs have to hit it big on these top draft picks they've been getting. That is the most likely and quite possibly only way they're going to be able to acquire that level of talent.

It's been proven you need stars to win championships in the NBA. In the last 33 years there's really been only 2 teams (Lenny Wilkens late 70's Seattle team and the Billups/Hamilton/Wallaces Pistons team) that won a title without what most would consider multiple star/superstar caliber players.
That is why the Cavs have to hit it big on these top draft picks they've been getting. That is the most likely and quite possibly only way they're going to be able to acquire that level of talent.

Which of course means it's been disproven. :)

I think most would throw Dallas, Houston, and perhaps Washington in that group as well. The recent Celtics team is a dubious just because their superstar/star players were so far past their prime when they got together. Similarly I think the reputation of guys like Parker, Ginobili, Odom, Bynum, and Gasol are raised *because* their teams won championships.

Could the Spurs have won their championships with Billups and Hamilton rather than Parker and Ginobili? Perhaps.

If the Knicks or Nets ever actually win something - just watch and gape at who that media mecca immortalizes as a "superstar". Heck, it was funny listening to them argue that Felton should be an All Star for his performance this year and outright dismissing Kyrie because even though we're months away from the All Star game, in their opinion he hadn't played enough games. lol

There's no doubt the tank-a-holics on the board feel that we must draft multiple star players, but we wouldn't even have Irving if not for a trade where the only thing of substance we gave up was cap space.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."