• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Homework help...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
By the looks of your math memory and what your son is learning, you are about 2 or 3 years away from not having a prayer to reteach yourself, ie your son is on his own or needs a tutor. Math is my thing, so this was easy

Ditto, for future references.

I just realized there is a definite visual component to math, more-so than before. - Rather, maybe, the visual component is more of a help to some than others.

I loved math until it started getting too complex for me (around college) and I become disinterested in it.

This thread has also made me realize that I'm able to remember things I thought I'd never use in my life lol.

I can't remember(nor do i want to) how to add/subtract fractions and mixed numbers. One of you nice kids work these out for some old school rep. Thanks.

(-4/5) - 7/8 =

(-1/3) + 3/8 =

1/3 - (-5/3) =

9/5 + (-4/3) =

(-10/7) + 1/6 =

Show your work... :chuckles:

For what you did to this forum. I hope your son fails....

Tell Minimus if he needs some math help and a new pot connect hit up Uncle Bill.

Not sure when i would need this for a future reference. :chuckles:

Ha. Future reference for the rest of the board. Not you, obviously.

BTW: Nice improvement on the spelling for this post :chuckles:

Ha. Future reference for the rest of the board. Not you, obviously.

BTW: Nice improvement on the spelling for this post :chuckles:

Spelling was never my thing, but i could have done that homework assignment in 1st grade. (seriously, about the same time i really learned to read)

Someone hook me up. My son just informed me he had homework and I'm drawing a complete blank on 3 simple questions. :( I'm knee deep in some microbrews and just cracked a bottle of wine. I need you RCF! Old school rep for anyone that assists. Show me step by step. Decimus thanks you too...

v + (-4 5/6) = 2 1/3
-3h = 3/8
1/5k = -1/3

v + (-4 5/6) = 2 1/3

move 4 5/6 to the right side of the equation (get rid of the negative sign) = 6 7/6 or 7 1/6

v = 7 1/6

h = -1/8... multiplying a negative by a negative gives a positive, 1/8 times 3 = 3/8

k = -5/3 3/15k = 5/15... multiply a negative by negative and figure what takes to get 3/15 to 5/15... 3/5 times 5/3 = 15/45, or 5/15.

thanks in advance for the rep maximus

Last edited:
Someone hook me up. My son just informed me he had homework and I'm drawing a complete blank on 3 simple questions. :( I'm knee deep in some microbrews and just cracked a bottle of wine. I need you RCF! Old school rep for anyone that assists. Show me step by step. Decimus thanks you too...

v + (-4 5/6) = 2 1/3
-3h = 3/8
1/5k = -1/3

v + (-4 5/6) = 2 1/3
v = 2 1/3 - (-4 5/6)
v = 7/3 - (-29/6)
v = 14/6 - (-29/6)
v = 14/6 + 29/6
v = 43/6
v = 7 1/6

-3h = 3/8
h = 3/8 / -3
h = 3/8 x -1/3
h = -3/24
h = -1/8

1/5k = -1/3
k = -1/3 / 1/5
k = -1/3 x 5/1
k = -5/3
k = -1 2/3

RCF saves the day! Thanks Dave and Mo!!!!

Special thanks to Bill...I plan on adopting an asian...who also does nails and is a masseuse. This will save me $20K a year...and get my kid an A in math.

Good to see other rcfers mathing hard like this. Got to do something during the winter, right.

We should have a math party sometime. I'm thinking the first Sunday in February.

Make sure to let your son know the Fresh Prince of Bel Air passing a test steps:

1.) Attempt to solve
2.) If you don't know the answer, it's C.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."