• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Raptors/Cavs deal?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JMcCurry08

All-Star
Reaction score
Last edited:
Give me some Ed Davis baby. I know we have a young PF, but i've liked Davis as a prospect since the Raps drafted him. I wish we had some specifics, but it's exciting speculating either way.

Not really a ton I want from Toronto. DeRozan would be nice, but that's a bit unrealistic unless we give up some serious talent of our own. I would like Ed Davis though. I'd send Thompson and Gibson/2nd Round Pick over for him.

JV, Terrence Ross, and Ed Davis are interesting young pieces. I like Derozan, but don't think they'd deal him. As far as taking back salary, I wouldn't mind taking Calderon as a backup pg/mentor for Kyrie. Toronto may be desperate to make a move that helps them in the win column. Maybe they think AV would help cover up the deficiencies in the frontcourt next to Bargs.

I doubt theres much here, but maybe TOR is desperate.

Oh god, It names 2 teams willing to make a trade. Those players are obviously Varejao and Bargnani. This is NOT a Cavs and Raptors deal. Please don't fire up Cavs and Raps trade scenarios.. its not what Bucher suggests at all.

Those are 2 teams actively searching for trades.. but not with each other.

:doh:

JV, Terrence Ross, and Ed Davis are interesting young pieces. I like Derozan, but don't think they'd deal him. As far as taking back salary, I wouldn't mind taking Calderon as a backup pg/mentor for Kyrie. Toronto may be desperate to make a move that helps them in the win column. Maybe they think AV would help cover up the deficiencies in the frontcourt next to Bargs.

I doubt theres much here, but maybe TOR is desperate.

Ugh, why would Toronto dump there young pieces to compliment Bargnani? He's been one of the guys on the block all year. There's even talk they will look to amnesty him in the offseason if they can't move him.

Please kill this thread before we talk about more scenarios like this.

Re: Cavs and Raptors want to make deals?

2m3mdf4.gif

Ugh, why would Toronto dump there young pieces to compliment Bargnani? He's been one of the guys on the block all year. There's even talk they will look to amnesty him in the offseason if they can't move him.

Please kill this thread before we talk about more scenarios like this.

Never said they would. In my previous post, I said this was probably referring to two teams looking to deal, not necessarily with each other. This post I literally just mentioned pieces I would covet from TOR and didn't even make a trade scenario. Reading comprehension :thumbup:

I also am not sold that they would just dump Bargs. The raps are looking to win now, and if they can get Bargs on track his offensive game would be a big part of that. Maybe I'm wrong and they have completely given up on him. It's hard to figure out exactly what TOR is trying to do.

Never said they would. In my previous post, I said this was probably referring to two teams looking to deal, not necessarily with each other. This post I literally just mentioned pieces I would covet from TOR and didn't even make a trade scenario. Reading comprehension :thumbup:

I also am not sold that they would just dump Bargs. The raps are looking to win now, and if they can get Bargs on track his offensive game would be a big part of that. Maybe I'm wrong and they have completely given up on him. It's hard to figure out exactly what TOR is trying to do.

Didn't mean to attack The Dude.. you just happened to be the last post. The thread was being misunderstood from the get with Ed Davis being mentioned a possibility just 3 minutes in.

Didn't mean to attack The Dude.. you just happened to be the last post. The thread was being misunderstood from the get with Ed Davis being mentioned a possibility just 3 minutes in.

WE ARE GETTING ED DAVIS?! OMGODZORZ.

C'mon contenders, give us what we ask for and you get Varejao and a championship soon after :thumbup:

Not that there's much to it, but on ESPN today I think it was Chad Ford that listed Toronto as a team that's interested in Varejao. Apparently there is a pretty strong voice in Toronto to start winning and start winning fast. He mentioned Valanciunas as a potential trade piece. I think that was just speculation though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."