• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Raptors/Cavs deal?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
AV for jonas and a future 1st
or
AV for ross and ed davis

The Raps probably want to get rid of that overpaid italian guy

Any idea without him isn't really realistic

I don't think they come off of Ross, DD or JV either

Davis makes sense but they don't have much else

Raps best move would be to trade Calderon...I think Calderon helps the Thunder more than AV would. Calderon allows them to place Westbrook at the 2. It also gives the Thunder a player that is good at getting the ball to people in a place where they can make plays, prevents them from becoming an iso team in key situations which imo was thier weakness last year.

I'd deal Varejao for Jonas V and DeRozan

Yeah, and I'd trade Luke Walton for Kevin Durant, but neither of those are going to happen. Toronto isn't about to trade a guy who they just signed to a four year extension like 5 weeks ago. Jonas and Ross might be a possibility, but there's no way we're getting Derozan without including another good asset.

Yeah, and I'd trade Luke Walton for Kevin Durant, but neither of those are going to happen. Toronto isn't about to trade a guy who they just signed to a four year extension like 5 weeks ago. Jonas and Ross might be a possibility, but there's no way we're getting Derozan without including another good asset.

Not saying they would but just because a team signed a guy to an extension doesn't mean they're not willing or looking trade him. That's exactly what Denver did with Nene. They didn't want him back, but they knew he was a trade asset, and they had a buyer within a couple months

Yeah, I think it's more the Raps trying to get rid of Bargnani and the Cavs trying to get the best value they can for Varejao. I don't think his value can get much higher.

There is literally nothing I would want from Toronto.

JV has looked trash. Only person I want from the Raptors is Ed Davis.

8 and 5 for a 20 year old center not used to Americanized basketball isn't the worst thing in the world...he seems to have a marginally better feel for the game of basketball than TT (he looks more comfortable with the ball and looks more fluid in general) and he has fantastic size.

...I'm sad now.

8 and 5 for a 20 year old center not used to Americanized basketball isn't the worst thing in the world...he seems to have a marginally better feel for the game of basketball than TT (he looks more comfortable with the ball and looks more fluid in general) and he has fantastic size.

...I'm sad now.

Let me help you feel better. Tristan is an athletic freak, Jonas is glued to the floor. Tristan is an above average defender, Jonas is mediocre. Jonas has been playing "pro" ball for years, Tristan 1 full NBA season now.

But Tristan isn't an athletic freak and Jonas's size gives him much more defensive potential at a better position of need, and he moves laterally pretty well too.

nvmd don't want to start this debate again >_>

But Tristan isn't an athletic freak and Jonas's size gives him much more defensive potential at a better position of need, and he moves laterally pretty well too.

nvmd don't want to start this debate again >_>

I didn't mean he's a LeBron/Rose/Westbrook freak, just that he is in the top tier of athletes, where as Jonas would be near the bottom. His size is decent, but he looks to have no idea what is going on on defense. I would have picked him over TT, but it's got to be worrying for Toronto that after so long of pro ball he still doesn't look compitant on defense. Rubio for example is in a similar situation to Jonas in that he was a pro for years, and then made the switch to the NBA, but the difference is Rubio was a pretty good defender in his rookie year, while his offense also translated pretty well to the NBA obviously.

The one thing I do like about Jonas is his screen setting. Don't know if it's just been an anomoly in the few games i've seen, but he sets one hell of a screen.

AV for Jonas and Derozen?

I think Derozen is like their franchise, for all intents and purposes they arent trading him unless its for another face of the franchise.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."