• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron Thoughts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

3 Ball...GOT IT

#CediSZN
Reaction score
Alright, I've wanted to make this post for awhile now

Not sure where in the world to post this, or even if I should post this on here because I'm sure I'll get some mixed opinions. But here goes nothing

Alright so I know I'm a little bit late to this whole deal, and people rarely bring up the subject too much anymore about LeBron leaving, this and that. However, after he's won the ring, my mindset has changed. This could be skewed though because it's the regular season, and I'm not rooting against him on a night by night basis like I will be doing in the playoffs.

I know lots of people have a ton of hate for LeBron on this forum, and for good and justified reason. I did too not too long ago. I used to not even think about anything outside of the fact that he shammed us a couple years ago. However, I wanted to know if anybody else had a similar mindset as me, or if I am just crazy.

Since he's won the championship, I don't really even feel like there's anything left to this entire story. He's won, and there's nothing really else we can root against. Of course I don't want him to win anymore, because he made Cleveland look awful, and basically prevented us from finally having a championship. But here's my root reasoning for even posting this. LeBron is the reason I'm even on this forum in the first place. LeBron is the reason I am a season ticket holder for the Cavs right now. LeBron is the reason that I watch every single second of every single game. I know, it sounds dumb to me too.

Being somewhat younger when LeBron came into the league, I wasn't much of a Cavs fan more than anyone else from Cleveland. However, things slowly changed, especially around the 2007-08 season when I started really getting into the games. Why did this happen? Because we were great, and LeBron was great, and it was really the best sports team I've ever seen. I've been on YouTube just looking through old footage back at those times, and it's crazy how much that I've forgotten about and cleared out of my mind. Here's just a couple examples (Some may enjoy, some may puke - my apologies)

[video=youtube;w-tbvQGZ5FQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-tbvQGZ5FQ[/video]

I still can't help to watch this one from time to time... I can still remember this exactly

[video=youtube;3fD1MNjkPFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fD1MNjkPFs[/video]

Finally, this one just gets me every time.

[video=youtube;tyd4NPvzKQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd4NPvzKQg[/video]

So really you may get the gist of it, agree or disagree. I just haven't looked from the outside in on the situation in years, and have just now come to realize alot of things about how much LeBron playing here for seven years changed my view on basketball. Don't get me wrong here, I'm no LeBron lover. I was at the game he returned and could hardly talk the next day. I have old Cavs posters in my basement with LeBron's face crossed off, too. Hell, I even read Scott Raab's "Whore of Akron" not too long ago... But for once I want to just be thankful for LeBron playing here... Just once.

Now go ahead, burn me at the stake :)

I will admit, I really got into basketball in 2007 when the Cavaliers made their finals run. I was only around eleven or so years old at the time, and really just remember Gibson and LeBron.

However, then he ripped the heart out of this team and bailed on us, so he can screw off.

LeBron wasn't even the reason I found this site. I'm a Tribe fan first, and I was searching for some sort of Opening Day coverage for last year and stumbled across this place. :chuckles:

I'll admit that LeBron was the reason that I began watching the NBA and the Cavs in the first place. I actually started watching after I went on a date with a girl to the December 23rd, 2007 game against the Lakers, and we won (why on Earth do I remember that?!). I am not one to hold grudges for long. I'd personally welcome him back if he came back to us.

EDIT: Wally at the end of that last video = :chuckles:

Last edited:
The cavs are the reason why I joined this board and the community is why I have stayed. I have always loved the Cavs and when Lebron was with us is when I started following the team more closely. However, I always liked the side players first before Lebron, he was the given, so players like Delonte West are why I loved the team.

The Cavaliers became my number one team when that douche left. I became a bigger fan when he left, I watched every single game the year after he left and I have only missed a handful after that season and became a partial season ticket holder for this season.

Yeah he deserves something for bringing a lot of fans to Cleveland but a lot have left when he did, but still, Fuck Lebron and couldn't this have gone in his big thread in Around the NBA so then I wouldn't have had to see this?

couldn't this have gone in his big thread in Around the NBA so then I wouldn't have had to see this?

+1 It's nice to reflect on past Cavs teams, but I have to agree that anything Lebron-related should not be part of the Cavs Talk forum

My thoughts on LeBron?

Fuck him...

I've been a Cavs fan far longer than he was around, and he didn't win us shit, then made it 100x worse by leaving in the most disrespectful way possible. He brought us a bunch of fairweather fans who have since jumped off the bandwagon, and he has made Cleveland sports even more of a laughing stock than they were previously.

One more point worth noting: LeBron has always been an unlikeable douche, even when he was here . Non-Cavs fans have always pointed it out to me, but I had my wine and gold blinders on or just didn't give a shit because he played for Cleveland. Fact is, he is an immensely talented douchebag with the brain of a 5 year old, as is evidenced by any one of his awful interviews and equally awful commercials. Seriously, he and Dwight Howard are from the same planet. They both want everybody to love them, but do the exact opposite of what is necessary to make that happen. Probably because they both have about a middle school education. Fuck them both.

/rant

Move this to the Lebron Safari... Where it belongs.

The thing I've always hated the most about the demonizing of LeBron process is that 7 of the greatest years in the franchise's history was flushed down the toilet.

Things rarely end as we wish for Cleveland sports teams, and memories are about all we're left with.

Yeah... one thing I don't miss is "the L-Train!1!11!!1!!!".

When he was driving to the basket, fine, but jesus, you don't need to say it after every pull-up jumper.

Yeah I'm with UDcleveland on this one. I've loved the Cavs since I was 5, way before that AAU devil child arrived. BUT; I remember being 11 and buying his jersey the day after the 03' draft. The story was too good to be true. The hometown kid, like us, saved the franchise literally. This was going to be the Legend of LeBron, but there was one factor we overlooked. Who did LeBron surround himself with? A bunch of high school buddies who thought everything was 'sick' and probably hated living in northeast Ohio their entire lives. Then came the rap stars, actors, and ESPN who basically put it in his head that he needs a big city to be big. It's not like he hosted SNL while playing in Cleveland... And the final icing on the cake was the fact that the organization didnt get it done frankly. I know James didnt help much by not recruiting and such but we still failed. We failed to surround him with players who could have stepped up when it mattered. We failed to hire a leader as a coach who could have molded LeBron into a man, which would have changed the outcome in my opinion. And we failed to keep the best thing in Cleveland ever. I hate the man with a burning passion, but this divorce was not as one sided as I first thought.

LeBron didn't leave because of his upbringing, the people he surrounded himself with, or the way we treated him ... he left because he was the "Chosen One" and his career would have been a failure if he never won a ring let alone multiple rings.

LeBron didn't leave because of his upbringing, the people he surrounded himself with, or the way we treated him ... he left because he was the "Chosen One" and his career would have been a failure if he never won a ring let alone multiple rings.

No, but he thought 'The Decision' was a great idea because of his upbringing and the people he surrounded himself with.

LeBron got me into Cavs basketball, I was 12 years old rooting every lost that season prior. I watched every game in his 7 years, hell me and my dad would video tape them in our VCR, mainly his whole rookie year. I'll never forget the comeback at home vs NJ. he got that clutch tipped steal and the crowd went nuts. or the Z 3 vs PHX. Very fun times as a kid. I would accept him back if it meant we would have the best chance to win a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."