• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Febuary: Trade AV for larry sanders, tobais harris, and a number 1
Getting starter min. sanders proves he is a 10ppg 10rpg 3bpg defender who will make up for kyrie defensive struggles right now.

Draft: Draft shabazz with our 1st pick. Then trade 17th pick (Bucks) and 22nd (LA) to pheonix for ther 1st (7-10) and Channing Fry saving them 13million for there money conservative owner. Draft James Micheal Mcadoo with that pick

I think Mcadoo would be a great pick because he is more of a role player than a number 1 option like he is this year. He has a good jump shot to 18ft and runs the break he is also a good defender.

Irving/gibson
Waiters/gee
Shabazz/harris
TT/mcadoo (mcadoo will start by season end)
sanders/zeller

That teamwould have alot of scoring balance with kyrie and waiters being primary scorers and shabazz as a 3rd scorer. Mcadoo spaces the court as well as good defense, Sanders will be our defensive anchor. If Mcadoo reaches his defensive potential and paird with sanders all kyrie, waiters, and shabazz have to be is average and we would have a good defensive team.

Some people have been talking about potentially trading AV to the Bucks since they seem to be trying to win now before Monta/Jennings skip town.

If we could some how swing getting Sanders, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Only a true title contending team is going to give up a big haul for Andy. Milwaukee, which is still building, is not going to give up a young developing player like Larry Sanders + 1 for Andy. OKC can give up Lamb because he is unproven and surplus and they can give up the TOR pick because they are built to win a championship now and have other young pieces. Sanders has looked great for the past month and that is exactly why Milwaukee would not trade him for Andy, who does not put them over the top or even in a top 4 seed position.

What you did identify very astutely was a trade partner in Phoenix who might be willing to slide down from a 8-12 pick to a 16-20 pick in exchange for us taking off a bad contract(like Frye) and maybe us throwing in a 2nd rd pick. That is doable, based on their history under Sarver.

Febuary: Trade AV for larry sanders, tobais harris, and a number 1
Getting starter min. sanders proves he is a 10ppg 10rpg 3bpg defender who will make up for kyrie defensive struggles right now.

Draft: Draft shabazz with our 1st pick. Then trade 17th pick (Bucks) and 22nd (LA) to pheonix for ther 1st (7-10) and Channing Fry saving them 13million for there money conservative owner. Draft James Micheal Mcadoo with that pick

I think Mcadoo would be a great pick because he is more of a role player than a number 1 option like he is this year. He has a good jump shot to 18ft and runs the break he is also a good defender.

Irving/gibson
Waiters/gee
Shabazz/harris
TT/mcadoo (mcadoo will start by season end)
sanders/zeller

That teamwould have alot of scoring balance with kyrie and waiters being primary scorers and shabazz as a 3rd scorer. Mcadoo spaces the court as well as good defense, Sanders will be our defensive anchor. If Mcadoo reaches his defensive potential and paird with sanders all kyrie, waiters, and shabazz have to be is average and we would have a good defensive team.

Only a true title contending team is going to give up a big haul for Andy. Milwaukee, which is still building, is not going to give up a young developing player like Larry Sanders + 1 for Andy. OKC can give up Lamb because he is unproven and surplus and they can give up the TOR pick because they are built to win a championship now and have other young pieces. Sanders has looked great for the past month and that is exactly why Milwaukee would not trade him for Andy, who does not put them over the top or even in a top 4 seed position.

I was doing the offer cause writers from espn were saying keep a close eye on the bucks for our trade partner. But do you think a Sanders + 1st or sanders + harris would get it done?

Some people have been talking about potentially trading AV to the Bucks since they seem to be trying to win now before Monta/Jennings skip town.

If we could some how swing getting Sanders, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Ya i really like Sanders also. Just looking at the 10 games he has played 30min + he is averaging 10points-10boards-4blks dude is gonna be a player.

I think that team is a little worse than this years only because the gap Andy will leave, its like theres no attepmt to replace that spot with proven skill at all.

As for the Bucks..its about to get really sad for them, because Jennings is already stated hes testing FA, and im 99% sure Monta hates the midwest

I really dont know why they rolled the dice on Monta.....I know theres no possible way they thought hed resign with them.

It would be in their best intrests to trade BOTH THIS YEAR

Too early to tell as most teams have not really entered the teeth of the schedule in the ncaa. but some of the preseason favorites are not as dominant as projected, mr poythress in particular. i think Doug Mcdermott is going to earn his way onto the radar if he keeps it up. 6'"8 225 lbs and shooting 50% from three point range.. There are actually quite a few of these guys making noise at the moment.. As someone has already said, I dont think we will really know until march madness and even then maybe not until the metrics are known....If I were a Gambling Man, I think Noel has the best potential. he reminds me of Garnett. But there are a lot of moving parts and the season is young....

As a diehard fan I and I know alot of you guys hate that a thread like this is made like 30 games into the season. Were used to around now seeing stuff like "Who can we get that will put us over the top?" or stuff like that. I just want to say thsi team is fun to follow and the people on this board get a little too analytical at times but mostly youre fun to discuss Cavs basketball with. Because nobody in my life even likes Cleveland anymore for obvious reasons.lol So here is the only place I even discuss Cavs.

Looking ahead I see a team that will have alot of energy and be fun to watch. Id like to say like OKC but when we are good again, our arena will be even BETTER. Our fans are ready to explode for ANYTHING good and when we get it, we are gonna make it hell for other teams to play in our arena.

2014 may not be THE YEAR. But soon.

If we're not competing for the playoffs by 2013-2014 - than we damn sure will be on the path of irrelevance within the city.

I know that there are a lot of diehard Cavs fans on this site, but you honestly think we'll get a 1st round pick (from a subpar team), Perkins, AND Jeremy Lamb for just Varejao? I know Perkins hasn't been working out as of late in OKC and that he isn't young, but still.

Look, I know that Varejao is very talented and all but he's still an aging and injury prone big man. I just can't see his value being that high.

If we're not competing for the playoffs by 2013-2014 - than we damn sure will be on the path of irrelevance within the city.

We're still one of the worst teams in the league. Unless we draft the next Lebron, we're still stuck rebuilding.

I know that there are a lot of diehard Cavs fans on this site, but you honestly think we'll get a 1st round pick (from a subpar team), Perkins, AND Jeremy Lamb for just Varejao? I know Perkins hasn't been working out as of late in OKC and that he isn't young, but still.

Look, I know that Varejao is very talented and all but he's still an aging and injury prone big man. I just can't see his value being that high.
I can personally see us getting a 1st for Andy. Especially from a team like OKC. If any player on the block is worth a 1st its Andy. Guy is a hoss on the boards and has superb D to boot. Also dont forget hes got some offense now. Alot of good teams cant guard the post, and Andy would help them alot. Id put his value at about a lottery 1st right now. BUt since you usually never get eual return in these trades we'll either have to settle for a high 1st or just keep him

I can see us getting the 1st, Perkins and Jackson for Andy and Boobie(which I would definitely do as that will be a top 8 pick)

Or Lamb, Jones III, and Perkins for Andy and Boobie(which I'm not sure I'd even do)

Just can't see OKC giving up Lamb AND the Toronto 1st + others for Andy. That would equate to them giving up Harden and Perkins for Martin and Andy, which for 2013 might actually benefit the way the play and their chances in the playoffs, but just doesn't seem to fit their profile of constantly adding young pieces and value. Even if they plan on re-signing Martin, they are going to want to hold on to one of those 2 pieces of young value(Lamb, TOR pick)

OKC has the best record in the NBA right now.

They have made exactly zero noise this year about wanting to trade for Andy.

They can potentially add a top 5 pick to a team that is already contending for an NBA title and has a window that could be open for 10 years if they choose to keep the team together.

Sam Presti is not trading the bounty he got for James Harden for Andy.

The plan all along I think was for Martin to be a 1 year rental, and then draft a low cost replacement for Harden with that lottery pick.

People who think he is trading a top 5 pick for Andy are nuts, and haven't followed his career very closely.

They are in "win now" and "win 5-10 years from now" mode. Trading for Andy right now cuts their window down to 2 years or bust. That is not how Presti works.

OKC has the best record in the NBA right now.

They have made exactly zero noise this year about wanting to trade for Andy.

They can potentially add a top 5 pick to a team that is already contending for an NBA title and has a window that could be open for 10 years if they choose to keep the team together.

Sam Presti is not trading the bounty he got for James Harden for Andy.

The plan all along I think was for Martin to be a 1 year rental, and then draft a low cost replacement for Harden with that lottery pick.

People who think he is trading a top 5 pick for Andy are nuts, and haven't followed his career very closely.

They are in "win now" and "win 5-10 years from now" mode. Trading for Andy right now cuts their window down to 2 years or bust. That is not how Presti works.

My dude perkins is averaging 4points 5boards and his PER is 9.26. Its so low players like derrick williams (14), antwan jamison (13.6), TT (14), and Robin lopez all have better PER's than him your just not gonna win titles win your center is doing that. That team is so much better when he isnt on the court and im sure Presti knows this. We arnt gonna get all there assists but im sure we could easily get perkins, pj3, and the raptors pick

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."