• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Shaun Livingston Will Soon be a Free Agent

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UncleDrew

Potential Legendary
Reaction score
The Cavaliers have claimed guard Shaun Livingston off waivers from the Washington Wizards and waived guard Donald Sloan. http://ow.ly/glRCc

CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Cavaliers have claimed guard Shaun Livingston off waivers from the Washington Wizards and waived guard Donald Sloan, Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant announced today from Cleveland Clinic Courts. The Wizards waived Livingston Sunday night, December 23rd giving the Cavaliers until today at 5 p.m. to claim Livingston and create the roster space for him. The Cavaliers rosters now stands at 15.

Livingston, 27, has appeared in 17 games (four starts) for the Wizards, averaging 3.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 18.8 minutes per game. The 6-foot-7, 175-pound guard out of Peoria Central (IL) High School is in his eighth NBA season and has career averages of 6.6 points on .457 shooting, 2.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists in 22.4 minutes over 341 games (110 starts).

Donald Sloan has played in 20 games this season for the Cavs, averaging 4.1 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 12.9 minutes per game. Sloan was signed by the Cavs from the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League on March 16, 2012 and has appeared in 53 games (11 starts) during his two-year NBA career, averaging 5.0 points, 1.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 17.5 minutes per game.

Re: Cavs sign Shaun Livingston, waived Sloan

Nooooo not THE Donald!!!!!

I like this move. It upgrades that roster spot. If anything, Livingston offers more in trade value than Sloan.

Poor Donald. Getting waived on Christmas Day? To make room for a player waived by the Wizards. That is rough.

EDIT: Definitely needed to add that, thanks wuck.

Last edited:

Poor Donald. Getting waived on Christmas Day? To make room for a player waived by the Wizards. That is rough.

Very rough.

Glad to see the Donald era come to an end.. not sure Livingston is that much better, though. Did have a bit of a career revival the past few seasons.

Anybody have any scouting report on Livingston? Dude had so much promise outta high school. That knee injury really derailed him. I'm surprised he came back this far. Hope he can stick here.

sloan was turrible, cant say im sad to see him go

damn, he's still only 27 years old? I remember watching him getting drafted

Huh...

I know this move is nothing to get excited over at all but I actually like it and I think it has the potential to pan out, IF Livingston can stay healthy...

Livingston has always had the talent, the problem has been the knees and being able to recover back to his HS days..

The reason why I like this move so much is A). he's talented, B). he's not Donald Sloan C). he has the size to compensate for the small backcourt.. The thing I've always wanted out of a backup PG with the current set-up of the team is someone who has the ability to run the 2nd team (pretty good AST rate) and has the size & defensive ability to complement Waiters, Gibson, Miles, etc... So getting someone who's assets to a team at this point in his career, is a plus..

I really hope Livingston can find a home and a role here... He's exactly the type of player this team needs at the backup PG spot and I can only root for a guy like Livingston, who was so talented coming out of HS but hasn't been the same because of injuries...

But if you're a PG who is getting waived by the Wizards who would do anything for one at this point, it might say something about you... So I guess we'll see...

For now, cue up the old YouTube highlights of Livingston looking good & healthy...

I like the thought of Waiters and Irving having to go up against a 6'7 NBA vet pg in practice everyday.

Waiters specifically. This will help him

Always felt really bad for Livingston and have always wanted him to do well as a pro. Would be really cool to see him carve out a role helping our young guys get better.

It's unlikely he ever makes a major impact, but who better to bring in to try and teach a team about handling adversity?

Can't help but feel a little bad for Sloan. On Christmas, Grant? I know this is a business, but c'mon son...

He was only on the wizards since november 15th. he is familiar with leuer and he plays respectable defense at the point guard position. unlike sloan he can slide over to the two and 3.apparently though whittman didnt like his defense.

Last edited:

Cut by the Wizards with a hurt John Wall? Ouch. Could be a good vet mentor for Kyrie and Dion though. A lateral move with no risk. Why not?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."