• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns sign Josh Johnson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Thad Lewis is practicing with the 1st squad, so...

20120830_kkt_ax5_169.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Never heard of him.

Thad Lewis is practicing with the 1st squad, so...
So I guess this is just in case Thad and Colt go down?

20120830_kkt_ax5_169.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Never heard of him.

He has played for the Buccaneers and 49ers and during his senior year at San Diego he had 43 passing touchdowns to just 1 interception. He also ran a 4.4 forty at the combine.

Last edited:
Reminds me of when the Browns signed Jarrett Brown a couple years ago.

Looks like Banner has the intent to move to a more mobile QB playing style. His whole career has been with a mobile QB, this is yet another stroke of that philosophy. Look for the Browns to continue searching for a QB who can elude defenders and toss the rock.

I take it this means Colt and Weeden probably can't play so he will backup Lewis. Why else would they sign this loser?

I take it this means Colt and Weeden probably can't play so he will backup Lewis. Why else would they sign this loser?

Sounds like it.

Watch Lewis come out and light it up vs the Steelers:chuckles: Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I guess I remember him being on the Bucs... just went from Josh Johnson to Josh Freeman so I never really realized.

His shoulder injury was intentionally throwing balls in the dirt to get off the field when the team quit as Pat wouldn't let the loss happen.

2009: 63 of 125, 685 yards with 4 TDs, 8 INT... 148 yards rushing on 22 attempts with 1 lost fumble

Then only 52 attempts over the past two years with 1 TD and 2 INT.

It does seem like running QBs are the way of the future, unless your last name is Luck. Hell, give him a few snaps Sunday. He can't be worse than ground-ball Colt.

Luck is able to run very well. He put up #s in the combine similar to Cam Newton.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."