• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Avery Johnson, Fired

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jhard

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
@WojYahooNBA The Brooklyn Nets have fired coach Avery Johnson, league source tells Yahoo! Sports.

Kind of surprised.

Wonder if this is Deron's doing.
Maybe Sloan could be his replacement :chuckles:

Kind of surprised.

Wonder if this is Deron's doing.
Maybe Sloan could be his replacement :chuckles:

Not sure if Donald Sloan is ready for a coaching gig yet... although he is looking for work! ;)

Last edited:
Brooklyn is much better than a .500 team. Most of the fans seem to be happy about his firing, just as Lakers fans were about Brown's firing.

Brooklyn is much better than a .500 team. Most of the fans seem to be happy about his firing, just as Lakers fans were about Brown's firing.
Two fan bases elated over a BLACK coach being fired? Why am I not surprised?

4e68599f1e1ec.png

Last edited:
Avery Johnson Jr. ‏@itsaveryjohnson
I'm sorry are best players couldn't make open shots. Yeah that's my dads fault totally...

lol

The expectations were way to high for this team. We didn't even have a losing record.... Didn't even give my dad a full season. #OUTRAGE

Avery Johnson Jr. ‏@itsaveryjohnson
This is a fuxking Outrage. My dad is a great coach, he just got coach of the month and they Fire him. #Smh. Completely new team he had.

Am I the only one that didn't think brooklyn was very good? They have been assy mcgee for quite some time now and the only additions they made besides moving to Brooklyn was adding two aging wing players and a knucklehead.

Sent from my ass using tapatalk 2

Am I the only one that didn't think brooklyn was very good? They have been assy mcgee for quite some time now and the only additions they made besides moving to Brooklyn was adding two aging wing players and a knucklehead.

Sent from my ass using tapatalk 2

With the sucess of the Knicks and lack thereof in Brooklyn this should come as no surprise... There is a lot of pressure for this Nets team to win right now...

They can try and go into "win now" mode all they want, but I highly doubt they're going to find a replacement coach of Avery's caliber. They went through a rough period in December, I get it. But 8 of their next 10 games are very winnable, they'll be well above .500 by the middle of January, and you chose to fire the October & November Coach Of The Month? It might not come as a surprise, but the Nets are in for a very rude awakening if they think they did the right thing.

I'd be scared to death to fire a coach in the nba if there wasn't a guy I wanted without a job. Talk about a small pool of talent

I'd be scared to death to fire a coach in the nba if there wasn't a guy I wanted without a job. Talk about a small pool of talent

Really, though, sometimes all teams need is a change of voice in the locker room to turn it around. Johnson is one of many coaches in the NBA who has a habit of wearing on his players after a few seasons.

Sure looks like Deron Williams has finished off his second coach. Maybe he'll get his first one back? It worked for Kobe ... or better yet, skip the precedent and grab the guy. Prokorhov just has back a dump truck full of $$$$ up to PJ's house.

Anyway, Avery got reamed pretty bad here. Teams don't become great on defense over night. Well, at least not ones with a front court featuring Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries. They can focus on offense and having fun ... and go nowhere in playoffs.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."