• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Avery Johnson, Fired

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Really, though, sometimes all teams need is a change of voice in the locker room to turn it around. Johnson is one of many coaches in the NBA who has a habit of wearing on his players after a few seasons.

It's his fucking voice.

avery johnson isn't a great coach, but the interim coach is even worse. nets fans better hope prok opens the checkbook for phil, and soon. the lakers were obv a much better opportunity from a title-chances standpoint, but i'm sure the nets would give phil more money and power.

it's an interesting situation. generally, it'd be an appealing destination because they play in a world class city and have an owner with a complete disregard for money that wants a title. problem is people set expectations too high and brooklyn simply can't reach them, so the coach will frequently be on the hot seat. on top of that, they have damn near no flexibility for years which is an even greater problem considering that money isn't even tied up in a legit superstar.

Classic example of a coach getting canned for not living up to unrealistic expectations. Deron williams is overrated and they simply don't have good defensive players in the front court.

And word is now (Sportscenter) that Phil Jackson is their top target. I wonder if Phil would take on the job.

I don't think Phil would touch such a poorly assembled team for all the moolah in the world.

And word is now (Sportscenter) that Phil Jackson is their top target. I wonder if Phil would take on the job.

Larry-Brown-is-just-a-man-standing-in-front-of-a-basketball-team-asking-it-to-love-him.-Getty-Images.jpg

I thought this was a pretty good summary--

Within the organization, the Nets' recent free-fall had made them resemble a lottery team again, and King – with the support of ownership – ultimately wanted a change now, sources said. An able tactician, Johnson had built up too little organizational goodwill once the Nets started to spiral to 10 losses in 13 games this month. There's a reason all those former Spurs teammates who became GMs never considered hiring Johnson as coach. From Cleveland to Phoenix, they all passed on Johnson. His demand for control, his penchant for passing blame – in ways large and small – played a part in his demise.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ghbtjykb-0&feature=related[/video]

Gonna miss that voice

I recently looked at the Nets salary structure. Man, is that team a mess. They have a ton of money tied up in Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, and even Kris Humphries is getting 12 mill. Like it or not (and I don't), they are stuck with this team for a while. Deron Williams has proven to be overrated outside of Sloan's system. Joe Johnson probably has the worst contract in the league and it boggles my mind that Humphries makes 12 million. I do like Lopez. But, this team is overpriced and gonna be mediocre for a while.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."