• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Sacramento Kings @ Cleveland Cavaliers; Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 7:00pm ET

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I really do think Dion was drafted to be our long-term sixth man. A difference-maker and one of our leading scorers as a sixth man, but a sixth man nonetheless. We also get to watch the definitely-positively-absolutely-not-available DeMarcus Cousins, which is pretty cool.

I really do think Dion was drafted to be our long-term sixth man. A difference-maker and one of our leading scorers as a sixth man, but a sixth man nonetheless. We also get to watch the definitely-positively-absolutely-not-available DeMarcus Cousins, which is pretty cool.

With the 4th pick, though? Goodness.

I guess we have our Harden now.
svq748.png

I am not pleased. Picking the 6th man 4th in the draft isn't good.

I think people need to relax. It's not as if Dion is the only guy picked in the top five of the draft who has spent time coming off the bench. Beal and MKG have as well, and I didn't see Thomas Robinson starting tonight.

When a young player is struggling, sometimes the best thing to do is bring him off the bench to try and light a fire under him.

Seriously, red, this is exactly what I meant about Cleveland fans overreacting to every little thing. Dion comes off the bench for a single game and all of a sudden he will never be anything other than a sixth man. Give me a fucking break.

Edit: Also, sixth man doesn't necessarily mean sixth best player. Calm down.

It's one game guys, rookies get benched on and off a lot in their first years, even vets get benched for poor play...geez guys it's not forever. Do I believe Grant screamed "OMG we have our sixth man for the next four years!" when Dion was available? No, no team would ever think that way, you draft on their upside, this is why I wanted Drummond, UPSIDE.

Per Jason Lloyds tweets BS just moved Dion to the bench in order to balance the first and second teams. It wasn't a punishment for Dion and it's only temporary. Maybe Scott has finally come to the realization that either Dion or Kyrie need to be on the floor at all times...at least I hope he finally sees this.

LOLL.

Where did you get any of that out of my post, though? It's ridiculous that we're drafting players 4th to be the sixth man. I was only positive because they were pimping him up to be good, but as we can see, isn't the case.

I'm calm though.

I am looking for a volunteer to handle the next game thread (Jan. 4 - Cavs @ Charlotte). Please PM me or post in this thread if you're interested.

I am looking for a volunteer to handle the next game thread (Jan. 4 - Cavs @ Charlotte). Please PM me or post in this thread if you're interested.

I'd do it but I plan on being at that game. :)

Harden was third overall.

Waiters looks like he meshes well with Livingston so far...

It doesn't seem all too coincidental that BS was just talking about Dion modeling his game after Harden and now he's in this role. I think it was BS's way of easing Dion into it without hurting his ego. He can point to a guy like Harden, who has had great success in a 6th man role, and make Dion feel a better a bout it.

God. Our defense is atrocious. They aren't playing focused, or with intensity. I'm looking at you CJ Miles. Our bigs need to rotate better on penetration.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."