• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Memphis Grizzlies trade Rudy Gay to Toronto

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Rudy Gay being shopped by Grizz

It just depends on what it takes. If it's Andy + next years 1st + Dion and someone else..that's too much. Rudy Gay isn't good enough to mortgage the future for.

Gay is a bit overrated, he is very inefficient. That said, he is athletic as all hell, can hit a 3 (takes a few too many) is only 26 and has never played with a ball handler like Kyrie. (sorry, conley isnt close to Kyrie). Plus with another ball handler in the lineup in Dion, he might be a great fit for sf.

I would be for giving up Andy and a future first top 10 protected or so.

Go after him. Then sit him down for the 4th quarter of every game like we do Kyrie.;)

Finish the tank strong this season, then balls out next year. Kyrie, Dion, Gay, and Thompson is a hell of a core. With Zeller's development, could be sweet.

Holy fuck PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN

That Gay contract is horrible but so is the Cavs situation at the forward position. Not sure how Memphis feels about Andy since they already have Gasol and ZBo who can play C. As I recall Hollinger loved Tristan in his draft rater and the Cavs supposedly tried to deal that #4 pick for Gay before the '11 draft.

Andy + Walton + ?

If he was helping Memphis win ballgames, they would be able to live with the fact that he's overpaid. He doesn't seem to play winning basketball. His shot selection is suspect and he also seems like a guy who needs to have the ball in his hands. However, there is obviously a lot of talent there. Not sure what the Cavs FO thinks about him though. If they like him enough, I'm sure his contract wouldn't hold them back.

It sounds good to get him for Andy/future 1st and then draft the best available big man this summer though.

Memphis has played some good ball lately, and getting a big like Andy would be nice, but they're not in desperate need for Varejao with Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol down there. Although he would be a nice addition off their bench, just like any other team would like.

If they were interested in a Varejao, possibly future 1st swap for Gay.. You almost have to take it considering he could add such a dynamic to the Cavs' team with Irving, Waiters, Thompson, etc.

I am starting to think we should deal our first this year for a guy like Rudy. I don't see anything in the draft that will help us all that much.

I'm laughing that some of you are really that picky. Yea, like you wouldn't take Rudy Gay. I think he is one of the best players in the league and underrated in my opinion. He is like a Melo that can play defense and isn't as selfish. And he is super clutch. How could you not want that? I'd be super excited if he went to Cle.

I'm laughing that some of you are really that picky. Yea, like you wouldn't take Rudy Gay. I think he is one of the best players in the league and underrated in my opinion. He is like a Melo that can play defense and isn't as selfish. And he is super clutch. How could you not want that? I'd be super excited if he went to Cle.
That's a rather generous comparison.

I don't think he's Melo by any means, but he does have a dynamic scoring game that could work very well with Irving and Waiters along side of him.

I'd be very happy if the Cavs acquired Rudy Gay, but chances aren't in their favor unless the Grizzles really want to cut cost.

I cant see Mem trading for AV. They have one of the best front courts in the NBA. If they were to do a deal, it would be a deal that would still keep them in contention. I only see Mem making a trade if they get a strong back court piece back along with a decent 3.

Plus, Chris Grant loves having cap flexibility. Now, I'm no cap expert, but I do know that Gay has a max contract, and he may put a wrench in Grant's plan for future flexibility.

Would we rather have Andy + whatever else we give up in a trade + cap flexibility (not just cap space for signing people, but the ability to act as a third team in deals)

OR

Rudy Gay

Tough question. If we were to explore something like this, I hope to god there is protection on any picks we send.

Gay's contract is massive, but his contract ends the season before Kyrie and Tristan would be up for their extensions.

I'm not sure what it would take to get him, but if it's Andy and Dion or a future 1st, then I'm down.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."