• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who is our starting quarterback in the 2013 opener?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is our starting quarterback in the 2013 opener?

• Total voters
If Chip Kelly wants nothing to do with Weeden, I'd take Vick on a 2 year deal as a stop gap or Alex Smith for that matter.

i would tell chip kelly thanks for the interview, but we just spent a first round pick on a QB, if you dont think you can develop him then you arent the right pick for the team.

that said i expect kelly to say the exact opposite, that weeden is the type of QB he wants, because weeden can make all of the throws, plus run a hurry up offense.

edit: it is absolutely astonishing to me the number of fans on this board that are willing to just get rid of a first round QB after his first year. it boggles the mind how few people are willing to give a rookie QB a chance to actually develop.

It's Weeden. And if he does fail in Chip Kelly's wide open offense, we cut bait and start shopping for a QB in the next draft.

Has anyone mentioned Vince Young is three months younger than Weeden? Not lobbying for Young, just sayin'...

Has anyone mentioned Vince Young is three months younger than Weeden? Not lobbying for Young, just sayin'...

Vick was mediocre. Young was just plain awful. I'd rather Vick.

Vick was mediocre. Young was just plain awful. I'd rather Vick.

I see the Weeden age joke, I try to resist the Weeden age joke... I write the Weeden age joke. Its as irresistible as "Making Love Out of Nothing At All" by Air Supply... which is roughly the same age as Brandon Weeden.

I say we go after Troy Smith if we get Chip Kelly, mobile, cannon arm, younger than Weeden.

Wasn't really big on Geno Smith, but if Kelly ends up as our HC, why not?

Not interested in mobility. I like his arm strength, accuracy, and touch. Don't get me wrong, he is far from a great qb but he ran a spread offense at WVU with a lot of quick passes and seam throws, which is what I'm guessing Kelly would run a lot of. I don't expect him to run a read option run at the professional level. Kelly, IMO, is good at adapting his offense to his players strengths and finding ways to exploit a defense's vulnerability.

i would tell chip kelly thanks for the interview, but we just spent a first round pick on a QB, if you dont think you can develop him then you arent the right pick for the team.

that said i expect kelly to say the exact opposite, that weeden is the type of QB he wants, because weeden can make all of the throws, plus run a hurry up offense.

edit: it is absolutely astonishing to me the number of fans on this board that are willing to just get rid of a first round QB after his first year. it boggles the mind how few people are willing to give a rookie QB a chance to actually develop.

I doubt Weeden would be in any coach's long term fact because he blows.

I doubt Weeden would be in any coach's long term fact because he blows.

I dont get the infatuation with calling Vick mediocre and then the idea that Weeden would be any bit as good as mediocre.........

Vick is a better quarterback and a better athelete than Weeden. Period.

I dont get the infatuation with calling Vick mediocre and then the idea that Weeden would be any bit as good as mediocre.........

Vick is a better quarterback and a better athelete than Weeden. Period.

We get it. Vick is better than Weeden.

You keep repeating this in thread after thread, yet no one acknowledges time after time.

If not Vick, I'd love to try and get Kirk Cousins from Washington.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."