• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Memphis Grizzlies trade Rudy Gay to Toronto

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Rudy Gay being shopped by Grizz

I don't think Memphis would want or really need Andy. If they need cap space then we give them a first round pick this year, Walton expiring, and either Gee or CJ for Rudy Gay. They get cap space, a high draft pick and a decent bench player then we turn around and trade Andy to OKC for that Toronto pick! ;)

If we can somehow get Rudy without giving up our draft pick, we'd be set. Draft Noel or Len and I think we're a playoff spot contending team. I don't know if we'd win a playoff series, but it would be an awesome team to watch.

Rudy gay is just what we need IMO. Love would be super nice but PF is solid with TT and SF is what is needed..how many SFs could we actually get that are better than Gay? Hopefully we have what the grizz want

I'm laughing that some of you are really that picky. Yea, like you wouldn't take Rudy Gay. I think he is one of the best players in the league and underrated in my opinion. He is like a Melo that can play defense and isn't as selfish. And he is super clutch. How could you not want that? I'd be super excited if he went to Cle.

For next year's first AND Varejao+Dion? No, I would not take Rudy Gay at that price. He's not THAT good.

3 way with Rudy to Minny, Love to CLE, and picks + Andy and fillers from CLE & Minny to MEM is the only way I would participate in a trade involving Gay. His contract is atrocious.

If Gay really is available (which I have doubts about) and the Cavs like him as a player then he is the type of still young or in his prime proven player they could be looking to acquire with the assets they've been saving.
Gay is a nice player but even with him the Cavs will still need to add a lot more. He is overpaid so Grant and the Cavs would have to really like him.

Whenever the big move the Cavs and we are waiting on happens it does need to be for a still young player at this level. Not an aging player or a solid but overpaid player at the level of a Mo Williams when the Cavs acquired him.

For next year's first AND Varejao+Dion? No, I would not take Rudy Gay at that price. He's not THAT good.

Who said that? I was thinking more Andy, Gee, and Gib for him. Or a 1st instead of Gib maybe.

I can't help but think there might be a deeper-rooted problem than what we see on the surface. The guy is on the trading block every single year.

I hope I'm wrong, especially if the Cavs make a play for him.

Who said that? I was thinking more Andy, Gee, and Gib for him. Or a 1st instead of Gib maybe.

So you think he's one of the best players in the league and yet we are going to get him for that? No one said anything, it's just a rumor, but I imagine their asking price will be substantial.

His contract is an abomination and would only hamper this franchise in the long run. I think he's good and would fit well with Kyrie but I'd rather see what we have in our other pieces before putting all of our eggs in the Rudy Gay basket. If the Cavs make a run at Gay, their financial wiggle room is gone and they need to compete immediately...... and I don't think they're ready for that.

His contract is an abomination and would only hamper this franchise in the long run. I think he's good and would fit well with Kyrie but I'd rather see what we have in our other pieces before putting all of our eggs in the Rudy Gay basket. If the Cavs make a run at Gay, their financial wiggle room is gone and they need to compete immediately...... and I don't think they're ready for that.

not completely gone, our committed salary for 2013 and 2014 is currently quite low.

I'm laughing that some of you are really that picky. Yea, like you wouldn't take Rudy Gay. I think he is one of the best players in the league and underrated in my opinion. He is like a Melo that can play defense and isn't as selfish. And he is super clutch. How could you not want that? I'd be super excited if he went to Cle.
Then a lot of people are laughing at you. Even most Memphis fans, who have been watching him for his entire career. Especially this season (though it has also been false his entire career...).

3 way with Rudy to Minny, Love to CLE, and picks + Andy and fillers from CLE & Minny to MEM is the only way I would participate in a trade involving Gay. His contract is atrocious.
Makes absolutely no sense for Wolves....

I can't help but think there might be a deeper-rooted problem than what we see on the surface. The guy is on the trading block every single year.
Thank you.

So often do contenders/fringe contenders try in three consecutive years to trade their most expensive player who is still in his mid 20s!

Last edited:

how about a Ferry style trade? He'd tell them that we would use our cap space on Gay's contract if they send us a pick for our trouble.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."