• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns "reboot" coaching search

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from Steve Young nearly 30 years ago and Gannon, did any of the QB's Trestman was associated with experience sustained success in the NFL? I've seen names of a lot of mediocre to poor Quarterbacks that he worked with.

Aside from Steve Young nearly 30 years ago and Gannon, did any of the QB's Trestman was associated with experience sustained success in the NFL? I've seen names of a lot of mediocre to poor Quarterbacks that he worked with.

Bernie Kosar sound at all familiar?

The CFL is far more similar to the NFL than the NCAA is...if anything it should be considered an advantage over a college coach

Got Jake Plummer close to 4000 yards and to the playoffs

Jay Cutler is pretty good.

Rich Gannon was excellent under him. Won the MVP under him, actually.

Scott Mitchell had that huge season under him.

And of course, Bernie.

I can't wait for the 'any time you have a chance to hire the 2009 Canadian Football League coach of the year, you gotta do it.'

Just screams Browns hire. No idea if he would be a good coach or not, but the potential comedic value here is off the charts.

I like Smooth's top 3, but Rappsoda makes a good point about a change in culture being a priority. I don't think that is Lovie or Del Rio, but Sherman would bring a little different vibe... certainly not a Chip Kelly seismic change, but a change I think.

I'd be ok with Trestman, but it is really now down to if Haslam really meant what he said about the qualities he wants in the HC. And, if he doesn't get a big name HC but someone of lesser fame who has the qualities he outlined, is he still gonna give someone like Trestman or Wisenhunt as much control as he would've Chip Kelly- who could've asked for Haslam's first born and probably gotten him?

Another issue is the draft.... the longer this drags out, you gotta figure the new HC will bring in mostly all new staff... and that would probably include a new scouting crew. Making draft choices for the first few rounds... most of us could do ok, but its beating the bushes for the later rounds that takes time and preparation... things other teams have been working on for some time. I know it is months away, but if a new HC brings in new schemes that require another roster turn-over.... this draft takes on even more urgency.

Just screams Browns hire. No idea if he would be a good coach or not, but the potential comedic value here is off the charts.

If you care what non-Browns fans think of the hire, then you're already looking at it in the wrong way.

Clearly Haslam would like a fresh face to the NFL and on our sidelines. I can't blame him. Nothing screams desperation like hiring a retread who just failed elsewhere. It's still early in the Haslam tenure, but he just doesn't seem like the type of guy to offer a Head Coaching position to another teams recent failure. Can you imagine Pittsburgh, Dallas, Baltimore, San Francisco doing this? Haslam wants the Browns to be leaders in the league, not followers. Trestman certainly is outside the box, but a good hire, IMO. Offensive minded, innovative, fresh blood.

I still wish he'd beat down the doors of Shaw and Strong just to see if anything shakes out, but assuming that doesn't happen, I like Trestman way more than Whisenhunt or Lovie Smith. Maybe one of those guys would want to come in as a coordinator.

Where is this Trestman talk coming from? Just fan speculation or are there legitimate reports that there's interest there. I haven't seen anything.

Trestman bandwagon. I thought it was a joke, but honestly, it's great. Ties to the franchise, ties to the rivalry. Made some QB's quite good (under him). If he can take the Ginger Shit and make him play well, sign me up. MARC TRESTMAN, FOR THE HIRE.

I approve of Trestman only if he brings Stephen Garica with him from Montreal. :chuckles:

Where is this Trestman talk coming from? Just fan speculation or are there legitimate reports that there's interest there. I haven't seen anything.

They are in Chicago to interview him today I believe.

There was a tweet a page back about the Browns' FO being in Chicago to interview him.

Why is everyone using the word 'reboot'? Who first said it in regards to the Browns and why is everyone copying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."