• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Casspi Requests Trade

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I.K.W.T

All-Star
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Y! Sources: Cleveland Cavaliers forward Omri Casspi, the first Israeli-born NBA player, has requested a trade. <a href="http://t.co/6nReYZR4" title="http://tinyurl.com/a35gcjz">tinyurl.com/a35gcjz</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/288345525122637824" data-datetime="2013-01-07T18:05:05+00:00">January 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sources: Cavs' Omri Casspi requests trade
13 minutes ago

Dropped out of the Cleveland Cavaliers' rotation, forward Omri Casspi, the NBA's first Israeli-born player, has requested a trade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Casspi has shown significant flashes of promise in his young career, but he has become an afterthought for the struggling Cavaliers since missing five games with gastroenteritis in December.

Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant has been making calls on possible deals for Casspi, but nothing has materialized.

The request for a trade was made through Casspi's representatives with Creative Arts Agency (CAA), sources said.

After starting 93 games in his first three seasons in the NBA, Casspi has played one minute for the Cavaliers since a Dec. 11 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.

Casspi, 24, has averaged 8.4 points in his four-year NBA career.

Cleveland traded J.J. Hickson to the Sacramento Kings for Casspi and a protected first-round draft pick prior to the 2011 lockout.

Casspi was the 23rd overall pick in the 2009 NBA draft, making him the first Israeli-born player chosen in the first-round and ultimately the first Israeli player in the league.

Well good luck getting anything for him

To whom? Cant trade him back to the Israeli team.

He thinks he has value?

I can understand his frustration, but...yeah, not gonna happen.

If only it were that easy, Omri. He showed some decent flashes at times, but I'm not sure he has much value around the league at this point. A loaf of Wonder Bread and some decent bologna(kosher, of course, in honor of Casspi) maybe?

11bt3ck.jpg

If a guy can't get minutes on this team, where does he think he'll get minutes? Lets trade him for Royce White.

Understood.. with our SF woes and terrible record he really should be playing. He's one of our best SF's at both ends, but especially defensively.

I wonder if he measures leverage by the number of glamour shots he posts on Twitter.

Honestly if hew wants out he should offer to take a buy out 10 cents on the dollar. I doubt his heritage will let him even consider that option, any input Lee? :chuckles:

Understood.. with our SF woes and terrible record he really should be playing. He's one of our best SF's at both ends, but especially defensively.

Gee is much better defensively (and I'd say offensively as well), and Miles has been much better offensively. Walton plays more minutes as a big than he does at SF, or else I'd say there's an argument for Casspi over Walton.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."