• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

No one elected to Cooperstown this year

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
e7g3g.jpg

The numbers Bonds put up throughout his career were insane.

In 2004, this guy reached base 376 times, walked 232 times and was intentionally walked 120 times. In one year. And here's my all-time favorite Bonds stat: Even if he'd gotten no hits that year, he still would have had a higher OBP than the player who led the league in hits. --Jayson Stark

Last edited:
Only core member of those 90s Indians teams even close to HOF material is Vizquel.

Kenny has a better argument than Vizquel.

Thome should and WILL be in without question. The only question is whether or not he is first ballot.

Why did Mike Piazza not get in? With next years stacked class, he'll be waiting a while.

Why did Mike Piazza not get in? With next years stacked class, he'll be waiting a while.

Because he is supposedly linked with steroids.

But such is the way of the BBWAA. If you even looked at a person who was using Roids, you won't get in. Unless you are Goose Gossage, who admitted to using greenies and still got in, but that's because BBWAA.

@suss2hyphens: We may never know who voted for Aaron Sele, so we will have to cast suspicion on all baseball writers during that era

Who from the steroids era will get in on their first ballot? Ken Griffey Jr? He seems to be the only person that people will stick up for and that is only because of his frame. Will bigger players not have a chance because of their weight and size?

Who from the steroids era will get in on their first ballot? Ken Griffey Jr? He seems to be the only person that people will stick up for and that is only because of his frame. Will bigger players not have a chance because of their weight and size?

Frank Thomas, Randy Johnson, Hoffman, Maddox and Glavine will be first ballot I think....Not to mention Mo and PIP's boyfriend.

Last edited:
Greg Maddux and Randy Johnson are close, but I don't think any of those other guys get in on the first ballot.

Very rarely does it happen.

Randy Johnson-303 wins, 4,875 Ks 5 Cy Youngs
Greg Maddux-355 wins, 3,371 Ks, 4 Cy Youngs and 18 golden gloves

hard to imagine them not making it next season

Yeah, Maddux is a no doubter, first ballot guy for me. That run from about 92-97 was insane, especially during the Steroid era.

He was a pitching god in 1995. My lord, those stats.

Because he is supposedly linked with steroids.

But such is the way of the BBWAA. If you even looked at a person who was using Roids, you won't get in. Unless you are Goose Gossage, who admitted to using greenies and still got in, but that's because BBWAA.

Geez...didn't get in because of whispers and rumors? I can't wait until the steroids era and all it's effects are gone.

One thing I learned today, Joe DiMaggio received 0.4 percent of the vote on his first ballot.

Took him four tries to get in.

We think the BBWAA regressed into a bunch of crotchety old morons, I'd argue it's always been that way.

For the record, I think guys like Trevor Hoffman should absolutely be a first ballot Hall of Famer...I just don't think he will be.

Maddux, IMO, should be the first pitcher in baseball history who receives 100 percent of the vote. Given the era he pitched in, and the numbers he put up in it, truly astonishing.

From 1992-1998, he won 127 games with a 2.15 ERA, 0.968 WHIP. 1352 hits and 269 walks in 1675 innings. To say nothing of 56 complete games, 19 shutouts and four CY Young awards during that span.

If we ever see that again in any of our lifetimes, I'll be shocked.

Last edited:
Greg Maddux and Randy Johnson are close, but I don't think any of those other guys get in on the first ballot.

Very rarely does it happen.

All of them will be. If I am right you have to set an avatar.

All of them will be. If I am right you have to set an avatar.

If all of them get a first ballot nod I'll let you set my avatar. No restrictions, no veto.

If not, you make a $20 donation to RCF...In the name of b00bie.

Easy money, no way in hell does Hoffman or Thomas get in on their first try.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."