• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Z Tutors Thompson and Zeller

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Mosely is the guy that says Tristsns potential is sky high. At the very least you have to credit mosely with improving TT's ft%. Coaching is great, but having a vet who was the 2nd tallest guy in the league and is just removed from playing means he can execute at nba speed

Mosely is the guy that says Tristsns potential is sky high. At the very least you have to credit mosely with improving TT's ft%. Coaching is great, but having a vet who was the 2nd tallest guy in the league and is just removed from playing means he can execute at nba speed

I thought Byron got the credit for asking Tristan to take a step to the side when shooting them?

It's very hard as fans to judge assistant coaches. We can only judge them by results & the actions of the organization. If Tristan and Tyler were progressing like we hoped, would Z have been involved? Was he called in to be the cherry on top? Or was he called in because CG was disappointed with the way things were going?

Something that's always had me scratching my head as a fan is that there are clearly people who understand how to teach specific skills very well. Why aren't they brought in or hired when needed? Heck, there are some guys who are so good at what they do, they hold off-season camps that all the players serious about improving their games attend. Given there's no salary cap on coaches, why don't we bring those type of guys in?

Instead we just let our head coaches continue to use the guys they're comfortable with. I don't get it.

So, yeah, I'm glad to see Z involved and making an impact, but why now?

I may not coach basketball, but as a baseball coach and someone who has played all kinds of sports for years, I think it's a combination of things that make Z effective. First, he's fresh out of the league. He's got cred. Also, his height his undeniable and something nearly impossible for another coach to replicate. One of the other things, though, is that sometimes 2 guys will explain/show things in completely different ways. It's not that guy #1 was some horrible coach, but sometimes guy #2's approach/delievery makes more sense. Two guys can preach the same message, but with different words, and it can affect the same people completely different. As coaches, we often attend clinics from HS and College coaches to try and gain perspective and innovative/new ways to teach. It's a very important aspect of coaching. It doesn't necessarily make Mosely or BS bad at what they do that Z can seemingly make a "breakthrough" difference. It just means that sometimes a new voice can deliver the same message in a much more effective way.

Just my 2 cents

I may not coach basketball, but as a baseball coach and someone who has played all kinds of sports for years, I think it's a combination of things that make Z effective. First, he's fresh out of the league. He's got cred. Also, his height his undeniable and something nearly impossible for another coach to replicate. One of the other things, though, is that sometimes 2 guys will explain/show things in completely different ways. It's not that guy #1 was some horrible coach, but sometimes guy #2's approach/delievery makes more sense. Two guys can preach the same message, but with different words, and it can affect the same people completely different. As coaches, we often attend clinics from HS and College coaches to try and gain perspective and innovative/new ways to teach. It's a very important aspect of coaching. It doesn't necessarily make Mosely or BS bad at what they do that Z can seemingly make a "breakthrough" difference. It just means that sometimes a new voice can deliver the same message in a much more effective way.

Just my 2 cents

I bet part of it's the accent.

Seriously

When you speak with some who has a different accent you tend to listen more actively because you're not use to the tone.

If you do sales over the phone give yourself a fake accent you'd be surprised to see how much more attention people will pay to you, it's weird.

This isn't about whether Scott or Mosley are incompetent, it's about whether we're doing everything we can possibly do to get the most out of our players ... and doing it ... yesterday.

If we had drafted Andre Drummond, I would have been screaming that the Cavs needed to hire somebody to babysit him, help him tie his shoes, make his food, show him how to train ... and somebody (perhaps the same person) to show him the ropes in the NBA, how to play as a big, and use his abilities. Given the millions invested in players, there's simply no reason not to go all out.

The risks aren't the same with Tristan, Tyler, Dion and Kyrie as they would be with Andre, but none of our young players are going to reach their ceilings as quick as they might unless they're given the best possible instruction and environment. Why not invest in this?

bill_walton.jpg

We are so blessed to be with Z as he goes through the next phase of this journey we call life.

Z may want to just concentrate on Zeller for a bit: talk about regressing or hitting the rookie wall or whatever, he's need some significant help out there

Despite his age, Zeller is a rookie in the NBA. He is learning what is truly required. It will take him 2 off seasons to build the kind of core strength to compete inside really. The good news is that he already has a lot of skills, and he is a student of the game. You hear that in his interviews as a pretty consistent theme. Maybe he is not a starting center, but Its too early to label him a bench big. His performance is below Davis and Drummond and maybe below Sullinger. But of those rooks, Davis is the only one other than Tyler playing this well against the starters. He had three blocks against Denver, even with T-rex arms. He has a ways to go, but I think he is progressing.

I bet part of it's the accent.

Seriously

When you speak with some who has a different accent you tend to listen more actively because you're not use to the tone.

If you do sales over the phone give yourself a fake accent you'd be surprised to see how much more attention people will pay to you, it's weird.

Weird. I usually tune people out and try to find a way to get off the call. :chuckles:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."