• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Good TV Shows

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The thing about the League is this. They've gotten away from football, other than the first 2 episodes and the last 2 they barely mention it. It's just become a show of jokes and other funny things. Some of the episodes this season were bad. Earlier seasons were good, but this season mehh.

I tend to agree, though in the earlier seasons they got away from football as well. This season had its moments but I felt like they tried too hard to go over the top. Way too much Rafi. Also feel like they bring on too many unnecessary guest stars who don't really add much of anything.

American Horror Story. It is phenomenal. I enjoy it more than breaking bad.

Though Breaking Bad is also good. I haven't got around to watching Mad Men but otherwise... The Daily Show... That's about it. I can recommend some good chess books though.

Doctor Who is my all time favorite TV show. It's currently in hiatus until April, but 6 seasons are on netflix and Amazon Prime and I believe they are showing reruns each week on BBC america. Follow the episode guide to make sure you don't miss the specials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials#Series_1_.282005.29

I mentioned it in the thread I started, but there is some brilliant writing for this series (which has won 127 awards and 229 nominations). Here are some highlight episodes that don't have to be watched in the flow of the series (each of these were nominated or won the Hugo award for best short form science fiction), so watching this list would be a good introduction to the series without committing to watching all 6 seasons.

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances - won

The Girl in the Fireplace - won
Blink - won
Planet of the Dead
The Waters of Mars - won

Vincent and the Doctor
A Christmas Carol
The Girl Who Waited

The breaks in the list are when there's a new doctor - the series debuted 50 years ago and every so often the doctor "regenerates" and a new actor takes over.

Last edited:
Louie (with and by Louie C.K.) is the most well-written short-episode TV show I have seen in years. Highly recommended. I'm almost finished with season 2, and the show just continuos to get better and better.

One of my favorite scenes so far:
[video=youtube;v-55wC5dEnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-55wC5dEnc[/video]

I forgot about Louie.

You know his show was nominated for a golden globe last night.

I tend to agree, though in the earlier seasons they got away from football as well. This season had its moments but I felt like they tried too hard to go over the top. Way too much Rafi. Also feel like they bring on too many unnecessary guest stars who don't really add much of anything.

The League has never really been about football. Fantasy football is simply the basis the show is built around. Even in earlier seasons, they barely even mentioned it outside of the first episode (draft) and last episode (Shiva Bowl). In between you'd get the occasional trade and frequent guest stars, but for the most part The League is about fantasy football as much as Always Sunny is about running a bar.

I also thought that this season had the perfect amount of Rafi. He's been far too prevalent in previous seasons. This year I think they finally realized he works best in small doses (which is true) and significantly cut back his screen time. I was never a Rafi fan before, but I loved his character this season, from him playing Ruxin at swim classes ("Remember what I taught you. Swim, swim, then stab!") to playing Ruxin's ballsy guard to screaming "Gattaca" during paintball ("I don't think he's ever seen that movie."), he was pretty great this year.

Nick Kroll is not funny. I honestly don't know how he is getting his own show on comedy central.

Based on the previews for his show, it looks fucking awful and I'd be surprised if it lasts more than one season. However, he is pretty funny on The League.

Justified just started back up last week. Awesome show that's basically a modern-day western set in Kentucky.

Archer starts back up this week I think. Great cartoon spy show.

Archer is hilarious. Any cartoon that has a chick walking around with bruises on her neck because she like rough sex has got to be comedy gold

tumblr_mestzvlP3f1ry74s6.gif

One of the best written comedy shows right now is 'Happy Endings'. The cast is perfect together. And Archer is back this thursday as well. House of Lies had a great season premiere episode last night. Modern Family is also consistently good.

As far as new shows go, I liked what I saw from Revolution. It's on hiatus right now until March I think which is going to be an awesome time for tv because The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones will be back on the air. I watch wayyy too much TV.

Though Breaking Bad is also good. I haven't got around to watching Mad Men but otherwise... The Daily Show... That's about it. I can recommend some good chess books though.
This show is wildy overrated IMO.

Id recommend getting caught up on Homeland if you arent watching it yet.

This show is wildy overrated IMO.

Id recommend getting caught up on Homeland if you arent watching it yet.

I'm getting caught up on Homeland right now. Claire Daines deserved the Emmy she won - damn. Great show.

I'm also catching up on Breaking Bad. Just saw the Season 3 finale where he makes the call under duress to Pinkman and tells him to get over to the lab assistants house - he's got a 20 minute head start. Man, that was a good episode.

Modern family is hilarious. Those two gay guys are comedy gold.

I started watching Fringe recently and I got hooked on to it. Its on amazon prime videos. It is a sci-fi, mystery, action genre.

Some of the other good shows I watched are: Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Lost, Suits, Game of Thrones.

Last edited:

I tried to get into Mad Men, and I just didn't find it that interesting, to me.
AHS is great. Jessica Lange is absolutely fantastic in it.

I haven't watched Justified or Sons of Anarchy. I think I need to Netflix both of those, when I have the time.

I love HBO's Girls. There's really no plot, things just awkwardly happen.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."