• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns hire Ray Horton as DC

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omar The Horse

Universally unique
Reaction score
Browns to hire Ray Horton as DC

Ray Horton and Todd Bowles will both find new homes as defensive coordinators, according to league sources.

Horton, not expected to be retained by new Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, will run the defense of the Cleveland Browns under coach Rob Chudzinski.

Bowles, who took over the Philadelphia defense when Juan Castillo was fired during the season, will replace Horton in Arizona.

Horton had a year left on his contract and his future with the Cardinals was in question.

Asked Thursday afternoon if he would keep Horton as defensive coordinator, Arians declined to discuss the prospect.

"Right now it's way too early in the process," Arians said. "Obviously, I know Ray. I've got a history with Ray. But all those things would be way down the road. Guys are under contract. You can't really comment on staff members at this point in time."

Horton was defensive backs coach with the Steelers when Arians was offensive coordinator there.

The Eagles went just 1-9 with Bowles as defensive coordinator, giving up an average of 31.9 points per game.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, ESPN senior NFL writer John Clayton and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8857899/ray-horton-cleveland-browns-todd-bowles-arizona-cardinals

Well here's some good news to lessen the Lombardi hate. Norv and Horton is arguably the best duo of coordinators in football.

Del Rio, McCoy.

But I love the way our staff is shaping up. The question now is, what can Chud do with these resources he is acquiring.

This is the best coaching staff Cleveland has ever seen.

@AdamSchefter: Browns officially hired former Cardinals DC Ray Horton as their DC.

It's official.

Paul Brown says go fuck your self. :chuckles:

To paraphrase JFK,

"Berea is seeing the most coaching talent with the exception of when Paul Brown coached alone"

What a great coaching staff we have managed to put together.

Obviously the draft and free agency is coming up, but I'm a little concerned that we don't have the personnel to run the zone blitz. In some ways more so than if we went to a two-gap. I thought with Pagano you would be able to work out some kind of power 1-gap. I have difficulties imagining how this will work without some real playmakers that are good at a lot of different things. We don't have a ball-hawk safety that's dangerous to throw near, and we don't have a bunch of guys who are good at getting after the Qb. You have to think that TJ Ward could step up and really lay some hits if he's given more of a leash. Just tough to envision with the current players. On the positive side of this, if you see this defense every day in practice, then it's not quite as surprising when you play the Steelers. Then again, the Steelers should be a master of it when they play us.

At least the shitty players we draft can have some of the best coaching available.

I thought Jarvis Jones was in play before when were playing the 4-3. Now with the switch to the 3-4 hybrid he moves near the top of my list as long as his medical condition isn't to alarming.

great video watch thr last 10 minutes

[video]http://www.azcardinals.com/videos-photos/videos/Ron-Wolfley-Sits-Down-With-Ray-Horton/5763a7fd-9827-4a02-b194-666f751c3495[/video]

great video watch thr last 10 minutes

[video]http://www.azcardinals.com/videos-photos/videos/Ron-Wolfley-Sits-Down-With-Ray-Horton/5763a7fd-9827-4a02-b194-666f751c3495[/video]

very good find

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."