• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs Trade w/ Memphis (Speights, Selby, Ellington, and #1 pick for Leuer)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grade the Trade for the Cavs

• A+

Votes: 211 67.0%
  • A

Votes: 88 27.9%
  • B

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • C

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Cavs In Talks With Memphis

Wow, I'll take it. Selby was summer league MVP and apparently averaged 22-6.5-7 in the D-League. I think he could turn into a good backup PG.

He's definitely more of a 2 than a 1.

Wow, I'll take it. Selby was summer league MVP and apparently averaged 22-6.5-7 in the D-League. I think he could turn into a good backup PG.

I mean, he can. Don't forget, though, that Luke Harangody and Kenny Hayes were also D-League studs. IMO, he's a straight salary dump. I do believe, though, that he'll serve a purpose on a poop Cavalier team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a trade this summer or next season as a filler.

I liked Speights coming out of college...he can score and rebound.

....I dont know why Memphis did this trade, but im not gonna complain. Great, great trade.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Cavaliers also get a second round pick in trade.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/293720217572499457" data-datetime="2013-01-22T14:02:11+00:00">January 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm hearing it is the 2016 2nd round pick that Memphis is owed by Toronto.

Cavs get an NBA quality player + D-league player + pick for a D-league player. Love it that our owner has money and is willing to spend it.

Some will complain about pick being I'm 2016, but it is still an asset that can be moved around draft time or when it's time to act on a big trade, good job by Grant on this one

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Cavaliers also get a second round pick in trade.</p>— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/293720217572499457" data-datetime="2013-01-22T14:02:11+00:00">January 22, 2013</a></blockquote>

Chris Grant has a second-round pick fetish like no other. His marriage has to be in tatters at this point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Selby the same type of player as Jeremy Pargo? I still like this trade regardless. Selby was the #1 player in the country by Rivals coming out of high school in 2010. Speights should help...can't be worse than Leuer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Wayne Ellington also going to Cavs as part of deal. Will save Grizzlies $6 million, get them safely under tax line.</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/293722366037614592" data-datetime="2013-01-22T14:10:43+00:00">January 22, 2013</a></blockquote>

According to Windy Wayne Ellington as coming to the Cavs, means someone has to get cut...

TALENT!!!

Selby is from Balitmore...relax

As far as the Cavs cutting a player, I'm praying it's Casspi

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."