• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Reynolds

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub
Reaction score
RCF I'm thinking it's a good idea to share our experiences and have some reviews on any and all restaurants and eateries of Cleveland. Anything from the best, most prestigious restaurants, all the way down to the local dive restaurants that are beloved neighborhood gems. Cleveland is definitely a respected place for our local cuisine and our family owned little hot spots that might be hiding right around your block.

Feel free to report back if you try any of the poster's recommendations. Post the general location, the address if possible, as well as maybe a number, web-site or a menu, maybe you could share that specialty dish you always go for.....

I'm gonna kick it off on the East side suburbs, follow it up with some West side joints.

Compola's Tasty Pizza in Lyndhurst. This spot's been around forever and with good reason. I'll warn you though, if your not looking for a greasy meatza (pepperoni, sausage, double cheese with grease) then you're not going to dig this place. If that's your forte check them out http://www.compolastastypizza.com/

If you're on the West Side, and you like Burritos/Falafels check out Dolce Wraps in Rocky River...... http://www.dolcewraps.com/
Truly amazing food, totally reasonable prices and a collection of amazing sauces you can sample before you order. It's like a middle eastern Chipotle, but they also have stir fry dishes and the like.

Another absolute Gem, for pick up or eat in is Peppers in Lakewood. It's a small tiny Italian eatery off of Detroit. There pizza was incredible, as was the Gnocchi Alfredo! Awesome spot to take the lady or pick up for yourself and the guys. Don't give franchises like Papa Johns your money when there is an even better alternative. You're eating authentic locally prepared cuisine, not some mass produced bullshit. Plus you're helping out the local economy and keeping Cleveland's best spots open for business.

http://www.pepperslakewood.com/

Been to Tasty's multiple times. They actually sponsored a team of mine a few years back. Not as good as Giuseppe's down the road, IMO. http://giuseppespizza.com/index.html

11827807351.jpg

Bangkok Thai is a very good and fresh restaurant in a shotty strip mall... Great, cheap. http://www.yelp.com/biz/bangkok-thai-cleveland

bangkok-thai-cuisine-cleveland-1239252.jpg

I don't know a whole lot about the west side.

Superior Pho on E.31 st and Superior. When I lived in the area I was there weekly. It is amazing Vietnamese food and reasonably priced. Follow the. @SuperiorPho

Parkview Tavern on W58 off Detroit. Down the street from zone car lounge. Dive bar but awesome food!

Geesh there are so many.

Sweet Moses on Detroit in the Gordon Square district is an old school ice cream fountain shop. Best ice cream in town IMO. Even better than Honey Hut, Mitchell's, or ECC. Hands Down.

Ill post more in this thread too!

Sterle's Slovenian Country House
East 55th Street

The best Veiner Schnitzel I have ever had. It is an old style food type restaurant.

edit- http://www.sterlescountryhouse.com/

edit x2- It is also surrounded by a block wall, so you feel safe and when you enter, you feel like you are going into the Wonka Factory.
hXQCuEX.jpg

Too bad East Cleveland turned into such a ghetto shit hole, or we would have a very good restaurant area. Now you have to find these places.

Last edited:
The Rally's next to White Castle

Also, the White Castle next to Rally's.

Superior Pho on E.31 st and Superior. When I lived in the area I was there weekly. It is amazing Vietnamese food and reasonably priced. Follow the. @SuperiorPho

Parkview Tavern on W58 off Detroit. Down the street from zone car lounge. Dive bar but awesome food!

Geesh there are so many.

Sweet Moses on Detroit in the Gordon Square district is an old school ice cream fountain shop. Best ice cream in town IMO. Even better than Honey Hut, Mitchell's, or ECC. Hands Down.

Ha Ahn right next door to Superior Pho has great Korean food. It's a run down little dump, but I could eat the bibimbap everyday.

Ha Ahn right next door to Superior Pho has great Korean food. It's a run down little dump, but I could eat the bibimbap everyday.
Yes been there before many times! The Pork bulgogi is AWESOME as is their Kim chi

Geesh there are so many.

I probably go to Superior Pho at least monthly now. Love the place. Glen actually turned me on to it.

Li Wah has some of the best Dim Sum. Fantastic if you have a group of people and want to try a little bit of everything. It's not very pricey either.

My favorite pizza place in Cleveland is Aleschi's. (It now has a different name but I still refer to it as Aleschi's)

On Huron East right next to Panini's and The Clevelander. Went before a Tribe playoff game because Panini's was absolutely packed and always go back.

Seeing really bad reviews online, but I loved Burntwood when I was there.

Seeing really bad reviews online, but I loved Burntwood when I was there.

I don't trust internet reviews at all. The place I mentioned earlier had shitty reviews as well but it was fantastic food when I went. The service wasn't the greatest but that's because it was legitimate chinese food and the staff didn't speak English well.

When I lived in Lakewood, I couldn't get enough of Barroco Grill. Coffee Pot is also a solid breakfast place if you want massive pancakes for minimal bucks.

Best pizza? Guido's in Chesterland on 306 right past Mayfield Rd. Never had a bad pie there yet in probably 10 years of going there.

Like meat more than a hungry caveman? Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse in Downtown CLE W. 9th. Incredible food. They walk around carrying massive slabs of some 30 different kinds of meat and carve it right in front of you. All you can eat is like $35. Good beer, better wine selection. Meat eaters paradise. And they have a big buffet for your girl, too.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."