• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

North Korea says Nuke Tests Target the US

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RonG

All for one
Reaction score
This is a big deal, it always has been a big deal and its only getting worse.

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-says-nuke-tests-target-us-113344932--abc-news-topstories.html

n a bellicose statement singling out the United States as the "sworn enemy" of the Korean people, North Korea today announced plans for a third nuclear test and continued rocket launches.

The move is seen as a disappointment to those who hoped the country's new leader, Kim Jong-Un, might take a less aggressive path than his predecessor and father, Kim Jong-il.

It is also seen as a direct challenge to President Obama and South Korea's newly elected president, Park Geun-hye, who takes office next month.

The statement from North Korea's National Defense Commission read:

"Settling accounts with the U.S. needs to be done with force, not with words as it regards jungle law as the rule of its survival."

The renewed threats come in response to the U.S. backed resolution tightening sanctions against North Korea after its December rocket launch.

At that time, North Korea repeatedly insisted that the launch was simply part of its peaceful space program. The recent statement made no mention of that.

It read: "We are not disguising the fact that the various satellites and long-range rockets that we will fire and the high-level nuclear test we will carry out are targeted at the United States."

South Korean officials analyzed debris from the December launch that, they say, indicates North Korea built and tested crucial components for a missile that can fly further than 6,200 miles.

Analysts say that preparations at the Pungyee test site in northeastern North Korea are underway and that a new underground test could take place on short notice.

Within the international monitoring community it is not believed that North Korea currently has the capability to launch a long-range rocket with the capacity to reach the United States or the technology to mount a nuclear warhead on a long-range missile. But the U.S. is not pleased with North Korea's plans. Glyn Davies, the top U.S. envoy to the region, said in Seoul, "We hope they don't do it. We call on them not to do it."

China, North Korea's main ally in the region, is also urging restraint. China backed the U.S. resolution at the United Nations and today the Foreign Ministry cautioned North Korea not to take further steps to increase tension.

China is behind all of it, IMO. Side-tracking the US from paying attention to them as much as possible.

The main reason I find it hard to be afraid of North Korea is that they just seem so laughably incompetent. It's actually kind of cute.

Plus if they nuke anything it will be the west coast, and I think we can all agree fuck those guys.

Last edited:
The main reason I find it hard to be afraid of North Korea is that they just seem so laughably incompetent. It's actually kind of cute.

Plus if they nuke anything it will be the west coast, and I think we can all agree fuck those guys.
You can say that now, but not when all the water and air in the US is polluted with Nuclear Radiation.

[video=youtube;n1IJpoABEaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1IJpoABEaM[/video]

You can say that now, but not when all the water and air in the US is polluted with Nuclear Radiation.

We get our water from the Cuyahoga, so it shouldn't be infected with nuclear radiation....just feces and industrial byproducts. nbd.

I'm actually more "afraid" of North Korea than Iran, when it comes to nuclear weaponry.

I think I've watched Mad Max enough to know that a dystopian wasteland future would be awesome.

I don't understand N Korea's plan here. Say they are able to get a launch or 2 off before the US reacts. They end up destroying major areas of the us like LA or SF. That's terrible and all but the US's response would be absolute annihilation of N Korea. The country is about the size of Utah. We would launch a few ICBMs at them and South Korea becomes an island instead of the tip of a peninsula. What is their end game? They want to die?

I don't understand N Korea's plan here. Say they are able to get a launch or 2 off before the US reacts. They end up destroying major areas of the us like LA or SF. That's terrible and all but the US's response would be absolute annihilation of N Korea. The country is about the size of Utah. We would launch a few ICBMs at them and South Korea becomes an island instead of the tip of a peninsula. What is their end game? They want to die?

The problem is nuking them has far reaching consequences. It would piss off China, not because of their caretaker stance towards North Korea, but because of the nuclear fallout that will surely hit China and our ally in South Korea. This isn't like nuking Russia where you can just carpet bomb the place with nukes. Really I don't think they'll ever launch nuclear weapons at the U.S. All they want is power over their people, and nothing unites people like a big enemy.

If we weren't starving them out they probably wouldn't be so hostile, don't you think? Of course, if they get a delivery system for a nuclear weapon, they probably figure we will stop starving them out.

China is behind all of it, IMO. Side-tracking the US from paying attention to them as much as possible.

Yeah, because that's just what China wants: for North Korea to nuke the country that owes them trillions of dollars before they can collect on any of the debt. For various reasons the success of China's economy is directly tied to the success of the US economy, and it will be this way for the foreseeable future. The last thing China wants is for the US economy to collapse... and that's just what would happen if Long Duc Dong (or whatever the hell his name is) starts dropping nukes on US soil.

Which is exactly why China actually approved of the sanctions or whatever the UN put on them on Tuesday.

Shout out to all my fellow West Coast Cleveland fans holding it down.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."