• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Son of Bill Walton

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
luke's playing career is done after his contract runs out...im sure he knows this

i wonder if we could hold on to him in a coaching role?? kid has been on championship teams and really knows the game

imparting his knowledge of passing to some of these kids would be awesome

I call him White Wizard. His passes are magic.

Luke is fun to watch. He's not very talented, but plays hard, and the guy can definitely pass. He'd be a lot of fun to play with, and I'm sure the guys on the team love playing off him. It's always nice when a guy is willing to make the extra pass.

He probably is done after his contract runs out, but I can definitely see him getting into coaching. Just seems to understand the game so well.

And Bill Walton is by far, away, the greatest commentary ever. I would buy tickets just to watch him talk. I wouldn't even have to be drunk to enjoy myself.

No!, NO! NO!

Reggie Miller, is THE WORST. Overly cocky, nasal-y voice, bitter because he never won shit, dyke sister, annoying as well. It can't get worse than Reggie Miller.

Oh Dick Stockton is FUCKING AWFUL TOO. Just his pauses during the game you can clearly tell that he is a football announcer first and foremost. And putting him with Chris Webber's black ass? Not trying to offend anyone or be racist or anything like that but when you have Old River Dick Stockton you think it's a good idea to pair him up with a stoned Chris Webber? Webber isn't half bad, it's just the mixture.

Great Commentary lineup: Steve Kerr, Kevin Harlan, Hubie Brown, Mark Jackson

Terrible Commentary lineup: Reggie Miller, Dick Stockton, Mike Breen (The biggest LeBron cock sucker of all time)

Mike Breen: "James having an off night tonight, but you know what Dick? This man could get a triple double on the toilet, I mean he could vomit into the toilet, take a dump, and piss sitting down all in one trip to the ladies room, I mean this kind of talent, it's simply supreme, call the stone mason, start chiseling his plaque for Springfield" BANG!

Doug Collins was hands down the best of them all. Not even a debate. I thought Kevin McHale was damn good, too, before going back to coaching.

Hubie and Collins. That's as good as it gets. I would listen to those two call a Jr. High girls game.

I really am liking his role on the team. He may not have much but he acts like a true vet would. He displays poise on the floor that The youngins would be wise to notice. Probably a nice locker room guy too. I wouldnt mind keeping him here for the vet min once his contract is up (if we don't trade him for assets). There's a reason Byron plays him so much.

Walton, and Livingston have great basketball knowledge. While they can't really play anymore you have to have some veterans that can be coaches on the flloor. It's why eric snow was so valuable even though he sucked. As the team gets more experienced these guys won't be important, but with the team so young they are mentors. It's also why a guy like spreights is valuable.

Im really surprised nobody bumped this man's thread after those 2 Chicago plays. Everytime I see a highlight Luke is always making a nice play. Id def want to see him a Cav again over alot of our bench guys.

I don't think he'll have much of a spot on this team next season if we end up getting a 3 like Otto Porter. Gee will cover all minutes left between the 2 and 3 most likely.

Walton made some pretty veteran basketball plays in last nights game:
- end of a quarter, brought the ball down the floor, drooped it off to Ellington, and then screened Robertson from interfering with the shot. It resulted in a made 3;
- Fast break, he drops the ball to a streaking/trailing Waiters and screens Butler from interfering with a layup;
- the steal of the inbounds pass and throwing off Heinrich was money.

I thought he was "just another guy" that was taking up cap space. In reality Walton and the rest of the second unit are demonstrating to the young players that movement, screening and passing is a a far superior alternative to 1 on 1 basketball. Byron Scott is to be commended for keeping and playing Walton. This is a learning/teaching year.

There should be a public address announcement recorded by Bill Walton imitating James Earl Jones saying "Luke, I am your father " that plays after a good Luke Walton plays like the ones above at home games.

I don't think he'll have much of a spot on this team next season if we end up getting a 3 like Otto Porter. Gee will cover all minutes left between the 2 and 3 most likely.

Except Walton comes in a replaces Tristan at the 4, he rarely plays the 3 anymore. He won't have a place next year because Andy will be back and Zeller and Speights will be the bigs off the bench.

Except Walton comes in a replaces Tristan at the 4, he rarely plays the 3 anymore. He won't have a place next year because Andy will be back and Zeller and Speights will be the bigs off the bench.

I think I'd rather have Walton as my fourth big than Speights. Speights is younger and more athletic, obviously, but Walton is just a much smarter, more team-oriented player.

I think I'd rather have Walton as my fourth big than Speights. Speights is younger and more athletic, obviously, but Walton is just a much smarter, more team-oriented player.

While I agree on the smarter and more team-oriented player, the Cavs didn't trade for Speights to have what will be a 33 year old Luke Walton play over him. Still think Speights is re-signed or even accepts his player option, though I'd like the team to look elsewhere for a backup 4.

He's a solid player. Always has been. You need good vets to blend with a young team. I hope we can keep him next year.

He's a solid player. Always has been. You need good vets to blend with a young team. I hope we can keep him next year.

I really like Luke. I know the front office thinks of him as an extra coach, which I think gives him a very real opportunity to be apart of this team going forward. He's not going to get a ton of minutes but he knows his role...... He's just the type of person you want around a young and talented up-and-coming team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."