• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Winning > Tanking... All day..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Isnt this about when the thunder started winning games too?

Actually yes. If I remember end of their 2nd or 3rd rebuilding year they went on a tear.

Their second re-building year when they had Durant-Westbrook-Green, they did not have streak that I could see at this time:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/2009_games.html

But in their third year, after drafting Harden they had a nice 9 game winning streak and finished with 50 wins but were the 8th seed because of the competition in the West:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/2010_games.html

Last edited:
For me personally, a conversation about winning and what we are doing now is the difference between fucking a 10 who loves you back and paying a 60 year old for hand jobs and the promise for a better tomorrow.

Plus we have a very good chance at a lottery pick from Memphis between 2015-2017.

We also need to hope that the Kings are good, but not good enough to make the playoffs during this time, so we can get that first for JJ.

Chris Grant is so damn impressive when it comes to trades. Here's to hoping the improvement in TT and flashes from Dion will mean that he's close to as good when it comes to drafting. Wait and see.

It remains to be seen if he's been impressive with the JJ trade. If we don't end up getting a first rounder, I will call his calculated risk a fail. All of his other trades have been great though.

When talking about Waiters, remember how long it took Harden to have his coming out party. The good thing is I think Gilbert will be willing to pay the luxury tax if we get a great trio.

We would have the worst record without the last 3 wins. Give me a top 3 pick over these meaningless wins. And for those who say "these wins build confidence", wouldn't these same wins build just as much confidence next year when we need to start winning? While it's exciting for about 10 minutes, this is not a good thing.

/rain on your parade.

Seriously, fuck every single person who is bringing the tank talk in here and trying to bring others down because they are happy with one of the very few bright spots that we as Cavs fans have had over the last three years.

When talking about Waiters, remember how long it took Harden to have his coming out party. The good thing is I think Gilbert will be willing to pay the luxury tax if we get a great trio.

Oh I think he will be very willing to pay the luxury tax to get that trio. The Baron Davis trade proves he will pay in every good situation.

We would have the worst record without the last 3 wins. Give me a top 3 pick over these meaningless wins. And for those who say "these wins build confidence", wouldn't these same wins build just as much confidence next year when we need to start winning? While it's exciting for about 10 minutes, this is not a good thing.

/rain on your parade.

:gtfo:

We're winning some games because our young players are developing. This is nothing but good.

This is a thread I can get behind.

I just wish people would stop acting like we're magically no longer going to get a top pick because we won three games against subpar competition. Enjoy the wins. They've been fun and it's nice to see our young guys playing well. At the same time, we're still the third worst team in the league and a couple of wins over a Boston team that's falling apart, a Bucks team that is only going to make the playoffs because they play in the East, and fellow bottom-dweller Toronto doesn't have me concerned that we're going to win out and make the playoffs.

Our next game is against Golden State. If you want to see a real testament to where this team is actually at right now, that would be it. It'll either be a "back down to Earth" loss or a "holy shit what is going on" win.

tl;dr It's nice to see some wins, but we're not world-beaters for beating three shitty teams in January.

Young core learning how to win games is not "meaningless games"

Rotation having 7 of 9 players in their first, second, and third years, but learning how to win is not "meaningless wins"

Kyrie reaffirming to himself that he is a cold stone killer and clutch as anybody(5 game winning shots in 85 total pro games) is not "meaningless wins"

You have a very limited understanding of words such as "tanking", "growth", "winning culture" and "treadwheel of mediocrity"

And finally, there are no teams as bad as the worst teams last year. After the last week, we are still on the 3rd draft slot.

/rain on your parade.

/rain on your parade.
This guy.

ROFL.

Yes, winning is a million times better than tanking. Unfortunately, it's a moot point since people who want to tank believe that tanking is the path to winning. Without a huge influx of talent, the Cavaliers will have an exciting win like this once in a while but will not go anywhere otherwise.

No problem with winning some games like this. The point is you don't have a championship core. Anyone who thinks they do is being asinine.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."