• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns Offensive Line Ranked No. 5 in 2012

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Hill

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Pro Football Focus released its rankings of all the NFL offensive lines in 2012. The Browns did nicely, finishing at No. 5 in the ranks.

5. Cleveland Browns (14)
PB – 3rd, RB – 11th, PEN – 25th

Stud: In the upcoming weeks or so we’re going to do a piece on how often (per second) Joe Thomas (+25.6) gives up pressure compared to the rest of the league. It’s stunning how shutdown he is. Now, if only his run blocking matched up to his work in the pass game.

Dud: You can get by with players like Shawn Lauvao (-7.3) when the rest of your line is so good.

Summary: It’s not the done thing to give praise to Cleveland. That said, their line is extremely talented and when they were forced to introduce John Greco into the lineup they got even better. The stars are Thomas and Alex Mack, but the play of rookie Mitchell Schwartz bodes well for this line for a long time to come.

Here are the rankings for the entire league:

1. San Francisco 49ers
2. New England Patriots
3. New York Jets
4. Denver Broncos
5. Cleveland Browns
6. New Orleans Saints
7. Detroit Lions
8. Cincinnati Bengals
9. Minnesota Vikings
10. Houston Texans
11. New York Giants
12. Kansas City Shiefs
13. Buffalo Bills
14. Tennessee Titans
15. Atlanta Falcons
16. Washington Redskins
17. Baltimore Ravens
18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
19. Philadelphia Eagles
20. Seattle Seahawks
21. Green Bay Packers
22. Dallas Cowboys
23. Miami Dolphins
24. oakland Raiders
25. Pittsburgh Steelers
26. St. Louis Rams
27. Carolina Panthers
28. San Diego Chargers
29. Jacksonville Jaguars
30. Chicago Bears
31. Indianapolis Colts
32. Arizona Cardinals

Real football fans should appreciate how solid the Browns core has become up front, but the team will continue to be unwatchable if the passing game doesn't get some additional help. I loved watching Gordon improve, but that just isn't enough.

This is why I truly don't trust this Haslem ownership. I don't think he and Banner are capable of putting this kind of important talent on the field and be recognized as top 5 in a short period of time.

I can just hope that Banner and Jimmy have learned a thing or two from the previous ownership.

Another thing I should mention is; this legitimately proves that Weedens tipped balls are a problem of his own.

This is why I truly don't trust this Haslem ownership. I don't think he and Banner are capable of putting this kind of important talent on the field and be recognized as top 5 in a short period of time.

I can just hope that Banner and Jimmy have learned a thing or two from the previous ownership.

The old regime really didn't either. They inherited Thomas and Mack, who are both very key pieces.

Real football fans should appreciate how solid the Browns core has become up front, but the team will continue to be unwatchable if the passing game doesn't get some additional help. I loved watching Gordon improve, but that just isn't enough.

you spelled running game wrong keys. our 3rd overall pick had the 2nd least yards/carry of any rookie first round running back in the last 10 years.... with an offensive line this good.

yeah i know he was injured, the problem was he wasnt very good

you spelled running game wrong keys. our 3rd overall pick had the 2nd least yards/carry of any rookie first round running back in the last 10 years.... with an offensive line this good.

To be fair, the run blocking wasn't near as good as the pass blocking according to that chart or most people's eyes. He was getting hit behind the line or at the LOS very often. But I do agree...he could have been a lot better and was over-rated due to all the TD's.

I do still think that when he is healthy and the run blocking continues to improve, that he will be very good.

This tells you more about how disappointing Weeden was.

You're greatly underestimating broken ribs. Our playcaller wasn't anything special either.

You're greatly underestimating broken ribs. Our playcaller wasn't anything special either.

Broken ribs really has a big effect on a RB that loved to tip toe and run into offensive linemen.

Broken ribs really has a big effect on a RB that loved to tip toe and run into offensive linemen.

Broken ribs has an effect on merely breathing, it's gonna play a role in anything you do really. Though I do agree that he did far too much dancing this year, hopefully with a new playcaller and being more comfortable against NFL competition he can show us a lot more.

Could be that we have a power runner, a big powerful OLine, and we decided to run zone schemes.

Shurmur is a good player caller.....if he has the right personnel. His personnel was 180 degrees opposite of how he called games.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."