• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Website Question / MBA Class

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cavsfan1985

^ kind of a big deal!
Staff member
Reaction score
I need some help. I am in the final class of my MBA and working on a project. I need to know how much it costs to run a website, that supports people uploading videos, and music to. Think of it as a mini youtube or facebook. I am not sure if you need to have your own servers, can use a company to provide them? The idea behind the website is to allow user to post home made music on a page, and allow other to go to their page and view it. So the servers would need to store all of this information that they upload. I just need some general costs to plug into a financial statements. If you know of a site I can go to to get these costs let me know.

Main set up of the website would be like RCF. Have a forum people can talk on, then expand the member page to a Facebook like page where they can put info about themselves, and upload videos or music to be view by other users and guests.

I do not need actual costs, just general costs.

Thanks for your help.

Can you host the videos on YouTube? If so, just embed the code into your website.

No, the idea of the site is that people can go to our website, post their music on their page, and other artists and music fans can go to their page to find the music. We also plan to have an online radio that features these songs people can listen to.

The shell would work like this.

Artist signs up for our site. They post info about them, and upload music on our website and their page.

The music then is pulled from their pages to play on our online radio.

Fans who like the music can then visit the website of the artist and find out their info, and see if their playing anywhere etc.

I am doing the financial part of the project and need to get costs. I need to see if it is worth the money to have our own servers are pay a company to store it for us.

MBA is a research degree, wouldn't the point of this project call for you to ya know....research what you are trying to present? Not trying to be a dick, but I am sure even starting with google would be a very beneficial resource.

MBA is a research degree, wouldn't the point of this project call for you to ya know....research what you are trying to present? Not trying to be a dick, but I am sure even starting with google would be a very beneficial resource.

What do you think I am doing? I think this would constitute for research. Being a member of this board, I have come to see that there are a lot of people who know this stuff like the back of their hand. Any tips I can get can only help. I am not going into website design for a career, I just happened to get tasked with gathering information on this topic for my group. So yes I think you were trying to be a dick.

What do you think I am doing? I think this would constitute for research. Being a member of this board, I have come to see that there are a lot of people who know this stuff like the back of their hand. Any tips I can get can only help. I am not going into website design for a career, I just happened to get tasked with gathering information on this topic for my group. So yes I think you were trying to be a dick.

Fuck Mac - this is definitely constituted as research.

Check out Unbounce and/or google search landing pages. If it's user created content, I think you can use their plug-in and upload your video. It'll take time to get the GUI you want, but it's actually fun and has some nice tutorials.

Yeah, good luck citing realcavsfans.com for your research...but yeah, damage.."fuck me."

clown.

Yeah, good luck citing realcavsfans.com for your research...but yeah, damage.."fuck me."

clown.
Why would he have to cite how much it costs to start a website? That's retarded. And if he did, and let's assume this was his only source of information, he could easily say, "cited from a message board". It's 2013 - getting info from message boards is considered creepy anymore and is actually a resourceful spot (see github).

Hey I took your suggestion and found a site to give me pricing. So I thank you for your help. Rather then troll it.

Because at any good research institution, most professors would make you go above and beyond to prove your sources and most loathe the internet.

Trying to figure out some pricing on how much a website can make from having advertisement on their website. Like how much per click, and how big a website needs to be to have ads.

Because at any good research institution, most professors would make you go above and beyond to prove your sources and most loathe the internet.

I see your point. I asked my professor about it, she said its no different then asking a friend or coworker for direction on a question. You would still need to site any sites they told you to look at.

Plus, all I am looking for here is a direction, I can take those tips and do further research.

I need some help. I am in the final class of my MBA and working on a project. I need to know how much it costs to run a website, that supports people uploading videos, and music to. Think of it as a mini youtube or facebook. I am not sure if you need to have your own servers, can use a company to provide them? The idea behind the website is to allow user to post home made music on a page, and allow other to go to their page and view it. So the servers would need to store all of this information that they upload. I just need some general costs to plug into a financial statements. If you know of a site I can go to to get these costs let me know.

Main set up of the website would be like RCF. Have a forum people can talk on, then expand the member page to a Facebook like page where they can put info about themselves, and upload videos or music to be view by other users and guests.

I do not need actual costs, just general costs.

Thanks for your help.

Pretend to be a small business and contact ma shery.com for an estimate for a website.

Also, I never suggested for you to do such a dishonest thing...

Last edited:
Pretend to be a small business and contact ma shery.com for an estimate for a website.

Also, I never suggested for you to do such a dishonest thing...

Thank you! I have done that for most of the pricing so far. The only thing I have not been able to project is how much ad revenue my site could produce.

The one bad part, is a few companies wanted a cc to get a quote.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."