• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mo Speights to OKC trade idea

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LNance

Rookie
Reaction score
Now that it may look like The Raptors pick maybe a low lotto pick would OKC trade that pick for Mo Speights?

Mo Speights/Cavs 2nd for Maynor/Thabeet and the Raptors Pick

Re: Mo Speights to OKC

God dammit. I came in here thinking this actually went down.

^

I would have thought that if I had posted in the CAVS section.

The Raptors just got Rudy Gay. You sure they're going to be in the lotto? And, are you sure we'd get someone as good as Speights with that pick?

The Raptors just got Rudy Gay. You sure they're going to be in the lotto? And, are you sure we'd get someone as good as Speights with that pick?

At that point, I wouldn't be surprised if the thinking in the organization would be to package the pick with the LA pick (if received), and/or the second rounder(s) to move back into the early portion of the draft.

Remember last year they did a similar move to get Zeller, trading down from 4 total picks in the draft to 2. I expect Grant to anticipate no more than 2 rookies on next year's team as well.

Odds are we let Speights walk at the end of the year, so in that regard any pick is likely better for our team than Speights will be next year.

I doubt it as the Raptors are 6 1/2 games out of the 8th spot, but yea Rudy Gay just could push that team into the playoffs. :chuckles:

OKC IMO, could really use a Big with some offense.

That would be funny.

Grant: "Hey Marreese, I have something to tell you."
Speights: "Yeah?"
Grant: "We're gonna need you to put on a suit, and go to the visitor's locker room tonight"

Why would OKC trade us a lotto pick for Speights?

Why would OKC trade us a lotto pick for Speights?
this.

strange how people focus on varejao-centric deals, then when that is no longer possible they sub marreese speights in for a similar package from okc. not sure if that is because of homerism, delusions about rudy gay, or what. but it's funny.

this.

strange how people focus on varejao-centric deals, then when that is no longer possible they sub marreese speights in for a similar package from okc. not sure if that is because of homerism, delusions about rudy gay, or what. but it's funny.

The voice of Reason and King of Optimism.....................

It'd probably be better if they did make the playoffs. That pick is guaranteed to be in the lotto (top 5, non-lottery protected this year, similar next year with less top end protection, etc). Heck, it might mean a top pick in a more loaded draft in the future.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."