• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NBA All Star Weekend

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walter White

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread any where for NBA All Star weekend in general, and I'm suprised that there wouldn't be one up by now but here it is. Just some thoughts: I would hope Kyrie starts the All Star game. I hear there trying to get LeBron in the dunk contest and I wish that would happen even thought it seems unlikely. At least get some big name and/or amazing dunkers in there that can actually do something. Put Kyrie in the Skills Challenge or in something Saturday Night as well. And just me randomly thinking, could Dwight possibly sit out the All Star game with all this injury stuff plaguing him every night? And who would be his replacement? That last one is my own personal speculation, but I could see that happening.

I would like to see Kyrie start. It would be nice to see him get the nod, but based on our record I feel like they will pick someone else.

If Dwight sits I think the replacement would have to be Stephen Curry, and move Duncan into the starting five.

I honestly will be surprised if I watch more then 10 minutes of All-Star weekend though outside of the highlights. I may watch the Rising Stars game since so many Cavs are in it. But All-Star weekend doesn't really excite me.

I would like to see Kyrie start. It would be nice to see him get the nod, but based on our record I feel like they will pick someone else.

If Dwight sits I think the replacement would have to be Stephen Curry, and move Duncan into the starting five.

I honestly will be surprised if I watch more then 10 minutes of All-Star weekend though outside of the highlights. I may watch the Rising Stars game since so many Cavs are in it. But All-Star weekend doesn't really excite me.

I think Kyrie had the most coach votes for a guard, though, so that may play a role in his selection. Plus he's basically the best point guard on the East's bench.

Could have sworn LeBron came out this season and said he would never do the dunk contest.

I need assurances on nuclear weapons first.

Actually yea, I saw LeBron won't do the dunk contest, but is thinking about the 3 point shootout? I'm assuming he got an invitation then if he is mulling it over. I know the guy is shooting 40% from 3 this season, but he is far from a shooter.

Spolestra is officially the coach for the East.

LeBron loves the attention. He sucks at threes and would waste .5 seconds every shot sticking out his ass all stupidly. Then would laugh it off when he only hits 5 3s.

NBA's most athletic guy in the league

Won't do the dunk contest.

Settles for the 3.

Spolestra is officially the coach for the East.

Which might mean he starts LeBron at PG so he can put Bosh in the starting lineup instead of Kyrie. :(

Which might mean he starts LeBron at PG so he can put Bosh in the starting lineup instead of Kyrie. :(

I read that Spo is contemplating on starting Chris Bosh. So I'm guessing it would be Wade, Anthony, James, Bosh and Garnett?

I read that Spo is contemplating on starting Chris Bosh. So I'm guessing it would be Wade, Anthony, James, Bosh and Garnett?

Why don't we just toss out position all together now since it seems "forward" is the predominant position expected for all star games? Disgusting. I didn't like the change to take center out of the ballot. I like basically kicking the guards down to one even less. I hope they boo Bosh and Spolestra out of the building.

That would be despicable.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."