• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 50: Magic @ Cavs | Feb. 8th | 7:30 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
This Pocket Tanks? Was a fantastic game. I remember everyone in Jr. High School getting on computers JUST to play this.

when I was in high school, we played this game

ADVENT_--_Crowther_Woods.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure

it's probably why I decided to become a programmer

I expect another win, maybe even another blowout.....Magic are what we were 2 seasons ago but at least they got something for their superstar

I expect another win, maybe even another blowout.....Magic are what we were 2 seasons ago but at least they got something for their superstar

What?? The awful contracts of Al Harrington & Aaron Afflalo? Or the solid , but not great prospects in Vuvecic & Harkcless?

We got a large TPE that allowed Gilbert to not commit too much money to our salary in 2010-2011. Having a TPE is like having a caphold, it means you count it against the floor, until you renounce it or use it. That allowed Gilbert to spend money on B-Diddy, in a seperate trade, withtout hitting the tax line. Had we acquired players, we would not have had this same flexibility. We all commend Gilbert for opening up his checkbook, without realizing the TPE made it posssible to spend money on a player we are still paying to this day.

We also got 2 future 1sts from Mia, and 2 future 2nds. The future first in 2015 (could be the year after the big 3 is broken up). All the other picks can be packaged to reposition ourselves.

We hit bottom in one season, stockpiled assets, and landed the #1 pick in the draft along with our own #4.

We came out much better. Orlando may have the opportunity to get the #1 pick this year, but they have so much cap commited to mediocre players to allow them to make moves like we do.

This Pocket Tanks? Was a fantastic game. I remember everyone in Jr. High School getting on computers JUST to play this.

It's Tank Wars. :)

The Flash version. I tried to get a good screenshot of the old DOS version, but they were all really poor quality.

What?? The awful contracts of Al Harrington & Aaron Afflalo? Or the solid , but not great prospects in Vuvecic & Harkcless?

We got a large TPE that allowed Gilbert to not commit too much money to our salary in 2010-2011. Having a TPE is like having a caphold, it means you count it against the floor, until you renounce it or use it. That allowed Gilbert to spend money on B-Diddy, in a seperate trade, withtout hitting the tax line. Had we acquired players, we would not have had this same flexibility. We all commend Gilbert for opening up his checkbook, without realizing the TPE made it posssible to spend money on a player we are still paying to this day.

We also got 2 future 1sts from Mia, and 2 future 2nds. The future first in 2015 (could be the year after the big 3 is broken up). All the other picks can be packaged to reposition ourselves.

We hit bottom in one season, stockpiled assets, and landed the #1 pick in the draft along with our own #4.

We came out much better. Orlando may have the opportunity to get the #1 pick this year, but they have so much cap commited to mediocre players to allow them to make moves like we do.

Well they pretty much got forced into that deal.....thats the GM's fault for pulling the trigger on that deal. Vucevic isnt that bad

Kind of different, but if you try to make it comparable we got 2 #1 picks from Miami, a 2nd from New Orleans (used to trade up for Zeller), and a 2nd from OKC (Makcvan). The Magic got 3 #1's (although two of them could each turn into 2 2nd's), and 2 2nd's.

Both teams got huge TPE's

The Magic also got to trade some of their fluff, parlaying Richardson, Clark, and Duhon into Vucevic, Harkless, Afflalo, and Harrington

Kind of different, but if you try to make it comparable we got 2 #1 picks from Miami, a 2nd from New Orleans (used to trade up for Zeller), and a 2nd from OKC (Makcvan). The Magic got 3 #1's (although two of them could each turn into 2 2nd's), and 2 2nd's.

Both teams got huge TPE's

The Magic also got to trade some of their fluff, parlaying Richardson, Clark, and Duhon into Vucevic, Harkless, Afflalo, and Harrington

Yes the got a TPE, but they are already at $65 in salaries and they already have Agent 0's contract counting against the floor. That brings them up to $85 mil. At $65 mil, there not gonna use their TPE to make a splash. Not to mention I dont know how having those two large holds work against their salary. We were way under, plus we had the TPE to make a move. being under, allowed use to take on money without worrying about the tax.

To sum that up, because I know its confusing:
We were way under the cap, but the TPE allowed us to stay above the minimum without spending actual money. This made it easier for Gilbert to swallow Davis's contract without hitting the tax line.

The Magic however, took on salary to bring their team salaries up to $65 mil. Because of this, they wont be able to use alot of their TPE without going over the tax. So they are spending $65 + whatever they take on with the TPE. As bad as they are, I doubt they wanna go into the tax this season. Essentially their TPE is worthless.

As for players:
Vuvecic: Solid player. A couple years will tell you how this trade looks.
Harckless: Havent seen too much of him.

Afflalo: $22 mil over the next 3 years with a 4th year player option at $7.5 Way overpaid, and hurts flexibility.
Harington: $22 over the next 3 years. See above.

As for the 3 1sts:
LA will be likely in 2017 because they owe the Suns two 1sts. Can be nice if it isnt lotto protected.
Sixers 1st? theyre on the way up, but could be decent. 2015 (there 2013 is to the Heat, but is lotto protected)
Denver: A perrenial 23ish pick. Always a 5-7 seed, but based on record is alot better than many Eastern teams.

Say the picks even out. Our flexibility, and fast track to #1 pick is a lot better than wasted cap space.

Not to mention

WE HAVE THEIR 2NDS FOR THE NEXT TWO SEASONS.

11 losses in a row for the Magic? Let's make it 12.

LET'S GO CAVS!!!

They are really selling these bobblehead commercials this season. :chuckles:

Yes the got a TPE, but they are already at $65 in salaries and they already have Agent 0's contract counting against the floor. That brings them up to $85 mil. At $65 mil, there not gonna use their TPE to make a splash. Not to mention I dont know how having those two large holds work against their salary. We were way under, plus we had the TPE to make a move. being under, allowed use to take on money without worrying about the tax.

To sum that up, because I know its confusing:
We were way under the cap, but the TPE allowed us to stay above the minimum without spending actual money. This made it easier for Gilbert to swallow Davis's contract without hitting the tax line.

The Magic however, took on salary to bring their team salaries up to $65 mil. Because of this, they wont be able to use alot of their TPE without going over the tax. So they are spending $65 + whatever they take on with the TPE. As bad as they are, I doubt they wanna go into the tax this season. Essentially their TPE is worthless.

As for players:
Vuvecic: Solid player. A couple years will tell you how this trade looks.
Harckless: Havent seen too much of him.

Afflalo: $22 mil over the next 3 years with a 4th year player option at $7.5 Way overpaid, and hurts flexibility.
Harington: $22 over the next 3 years. See above.

As for the 3 1sts:
LA will be likely in 2017 because they owe the Suns two 1sts. Can be nice if it isnt lotto protected.
Sixers 1st? theyre on the way up, but could be decent. 2015 (there 2013 is to the Heat, but is lotto protected)
Denver: A perrenial 23ish pick. Always a 5-7 seed, but based on record is alot better than many Eastern teams.

Say the picks even out. Our flexibility, and fast track to #1 pick is a lot better than wasted cap space.

Harrington's only guaranteed 1/2 of what he's owed over the next 2 seasons. I wouldn't call Afflalo wasted cap space, especially given that they were able to trade Jason Richardson's contract to get it. To each their own, though.

Could agree that the draft picks are comparable

But I don't agree with your supposition that the Magic won't have the flexibility to use the TPE. Would it be prudent to use it now? No, just like it wouldn't have been prudent for us to use the LBJ TPE after we acquired Baron Davis. Here's the thing, though. The Magic could still make use of it this summer depending on what they do in the next couple of months. They're looking at about $15million in cap space right now (including their 1st round pick while waiving Harrington and 1/2 of his salary). This also doesn't account for potentially signing Redick back. If they did want to do that, operating as a team above the cap would be the way to go. They'd maintain their TPE (which can be used to acquire FA's via sign/trade), have the ability to resign JJ, and have the MLE.

Whatever, kind of silly to go back and forth in a Gameday thread. I'll flip you an I told you so this summer, lol

Alonzo just hit the side of the backboard. Impressive.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."