• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Implosion of the Los Angeles Lakers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Tracking the 2013 Draft Picks

No... the Lakers are somewhat of a travesty this year. But because of their general value, they will be set up to contend sometime down the road. It's not determined when, but they'll be back because of their market value.

But if they don't get in this year, it's a shame, but it's not the worst thing. We don't like those assholes anyways, even if we move up.

And so what if we don't? We still have Miami's Pick, right?! Don't you guys remember we traded a similar 3 picks last year to get the 17th pick? Well, we have double the amount of assets, getting the pick or not is not a big deal...

They should trade Dwight for any big they can get. Lopez, Horford, Cousins, whatever. I would be stunned if they miss the playoffs and Dwight stayed.

No... the Lakers are somewhat of a travesty this year. But because of their general value, they will be set up to contend sometime down the road. It's not determined when, but they'll be back because of their market value.

You know who else has amazing market value? The New York Knicks. And yet they were terrible for most of a decade because of a terrible owner and management.

I thought the Cavs get the pick if the Lakers miss the playoffs.

No, it is the opposite. The Cavs have the right to swap the Lakers pick and Miami's pick only if the Lakers do make the playoffs. If that happens, the Cavs would get the Lakers pick and Phoenix would get Miami's. If the Lakers miss the playoffs, then Phoenix gets LA's pick and the Cavs would get Miami's.

The Gasol injury was bad luck for them. They were playing much better with Gasol starting and Howard out of the lineup. This year has exposed D'Antoni for the lousy coach that he is however. He is a poor leader and cannot fit his system to the skillset of his team.

GIFSoup

F the pick. I love seeing them suffer. Even if they weasel in, theyll be put out 1st round.

Still holding out hope that Grant managed to get an unprotected swap and didnt want to jinx it. Despite what the Cavs twitter account has messaged me, I still have hope.

The best part is how everyone on the team is throwing everyone else under the bus.

I love how Dwight has been bitching about his health and his future and how Kobe isn't a doctor, only for D'Antoni to reveal Howard has been cleared to play for several games by doctors.

You could subtitle this thread "The implosion of Dwight Howard". Consider what has happened with him. He's a six-time All-NBA center, universally considered the best young center in the game 2 years ago. Then he starts the weird pouting and flip-flopping in Orlando, the highly-entertaining but bizarre scene with SVG telling the press Howard wanted him out, and the deterioration of his game and attitude since, to the point where it is "get whatever you can" for him. A bit of that is due to injury, but most seems to have nothing to do with that. You might expect something like that from a guy like Rodman or Delonte who had issues, but it kind of came out of blue for a guy viewed as the future of the NBA at his position.

Did you hear Dwight today?

Hopefully they'll start supporting me the way they need to," Howard said. "Until then, I'm going to continue to do whatever I can to help our team win.

"I can't get involved with what they've been saying to the media. I understand they've been saying certain things, but I know my health. I haven't been cleared for weeks to play. This is my body, and I have to control my body and my future and my career. So I can't worry about anybody else."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...kers-Start-Supporting-Me-The-Way-They-Need-To

This is like NY Jets level antics.

GIFSoup

F the pick. I love seeing them suffer. Even if they weasel in, theyll be put out 1st round.

Still holding out hope that Grant managed to get an unprotected swap and didnt want to jinx it. Despite what the Cavs twitter account has messaged me, I still have hope.

They didn't. If its a lotto pick, then that goes to the Suns. Its how they were able to land Nash.

I firmly believe this entire disaster hinged on the decision to can Mike Brown, and replace him with D'antoni when Jackson was available, albeit at a king's ransom.

Mike Brown may be a disaster of a game-time coach, but he's a great regular season guy. He would have his team out there playing enough defense to make it into the playoffs, and Dwight would have loved a gameplan centered around his strengths.

That being said, firing Brown wasn't a huge mistake, though it should have happened in the off-season if it was going to happen at all. Replacing Brown with Jackson would have been a huge upgrade, and this team would be playing like a team under Jackson. The only guy Kobe answers to is the zen master. There's a lot of ego and a lot of animosity in that room, and those are things D'antoni has never handled well. Hell, he struggled to keep A'mare happy back in Phoenix, and A'mare was never on Kobe or Dwight's level. Nash is the exception, but he's a distributor by nature, he doesn't need 20 shots a game to stay happy.

Long story short, Jackson > Brown > D'antoni. Buss deserves all the blame.

You could subtitle this thread "The implosion of Dwight Howard". Consider what has happened with him. He's a six-time All-NBA center, universally considered the best young center in the game 2 years ago. Then he starts the weird pouting and flip-flopping in Orlando, the highly-entertaining but bizarre scene with SVG telling the press Howard wanted him out, and the deterioration of his game and attitude since, to the point where it is "get whatever you can" for him. A bit of that is due to injury, but most seems to have nothing to do with that. You might expect something like that from a guy like Rodman or Delonte who had issues, but it kind of came out of blue for a guy viewed as the future of the NBA at his position.

His collapse over the past two seasons has been dramatic, to say the least. I'd chalk it up to immaturity more than anything, but the guy is quickly becoming one of the most cancerous players in the league.

I dont understand why they wont just trade the guy and the best they could do now is for lopez and picks or fillers. Its clear he hates playing there dosent like kobe or the coach but they are banking on this laker history to keep him there.

Did you hear Dwight today?

Hopefully they'll start supporting me the way they need to," Howard said. "Until then, I'm going to continue to do whatever I can to help our team win.

"I can't get involved with what they've been saying to the media. I understand they've been saying certain things, but I know my health. I haven't been cleared for weeks to play. This is my body, and I have to control my body and my future and my career. So I can't worry about anybody else."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...kers-Start-Supporting-Me-The-Way-They-Need-To

This is like NY Jets level antics.

Wow. Drama seems to follow this dude like a bad soap opera. Unreal. Just shut the f up and play if you can play, or don't if you cannot.

It is funny though that he felt the need to basically flat out call his HC a blatant liar.

I can only imagine Kupcheck right about now

"Pau's hurt, Kobe's talking to the media, Metta Wo...Artest sucks, Jamison needs to shave his eyebrows".

Looks at the banners to sum the ghosts of Lakers past for a sign

He thinks to himself:
Goodrich signed with the New Orleans Jazz as a veteran free agent, the Jazz had to compensate the Lakers. New Orleans did so by giving Los Angeles three draft picks, including its first-round pick in 1979.....Boom Magic Johnson.

We tricked the Cavs intro trading their first back in 83'...Boom James Worthy

Shaq wanted to do movies like Kazaam and video games like Shaq Fu....Boom Shaquille Oneal

We had Magic work out with an 18 yr old and talked him into publicly stating he only wanted to play here....Boom Kobe " Afro 8" Bryant

Kupcheck: Its a sign, the next call for a trade will give us a new face to our franchise.

Suddenly the phone rings
Kupcheck: Hi, who is this.

Loud beathing voice: This is Danny Ferry....I hear you would like to make a trade

Wow. Drama seems to follow this dude like a bad soap opera. Unreal. Just shut the f up and play if you can play, or don't if you cannot.

It is funny though that he felt the need to basically flat out call his HC a blatant liar.

Well, it wasn't that long ago that he threw another coach under the bus. Seems like a pattern. Such a head case. Can't see him sticking around LA. Wonder if his career takes a tank at this point. He really needs to cut out the crap.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."