• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Pope Benedict XVI Says He Will Retire

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tlyons

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Pope Benedict XVI Says He Will Retire

ROME — Pope Benedict XVI, the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger who took office in 2005 following the death of his predecessor, said on Monday that he will retire on Feb. 28, the first pope to do so in six centuries.

Regarded as a doctrinal conservative, the pope, 85, said that after examining his conscience “before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are longer suited to an adequate exercise” of his position as head of the world’s Roman Catholics.

The announcement is certain to plunge the Roman Catholic world into frenzied speculation about his likely successor and to evaluations of a papacy that was seen as both conservative and contentious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/world/europe/pope-benedict-xvi-says-he-will-retire.html

As a history buff this is pretty cool. I went to a Catholic High School as a Protestant. Interesting experience.

So he can go live in peace with his gay lover

pope_benedict__sith_lord_by_suraii-d48jtvk.jpg

[video=youtube;DLvZ_UHGiZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLvZ_UHGiZ8[/video]

I wouldn't call the pope a powerful man, just a powerful puppet master.

I wouldn't call the pope a powerful man, just a powerful puppet master.

The things he decides have an impact on millions of people worldwide and he has access to vaults of information that any historian would kill for. He also controls probably the richest organization in the world, an organization that millions give 10% of their income to for questionable returns.

I'd say he's pretty fucking powerful.

Whatever he decides, it will be the right decision. The guy is infallible.

Stepping down as the ruler of a organization founded upon a book of fake stories. Great résumé builder.

W83fxtc.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to where I can apply to become the next pope? I am willing to relocate.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."