• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Scott Kazmir

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You think there's any chance he could start at the back of the rotation out of spring training and then move to the bullpen as the season goes on, allowing the Tribe to move Bauer up here?

Seems kind of far-fetched, I know, but it would make sense if they wanted to move Bauer up sooner rather than later. It would allow a guy with a lot of wear and tear more of an opportunity to rest and not pitch as many innings later in the year, add depth to the bullpen, and allow Bauer some more time to get some burn at AAA before coming back up to the big league level.

I don't think it's that far fetched at all.

Even if he makes the rotation, I think it would almost be a certainty there will be an innings cap involved. But I think the more likely scenario is that he doesn't show the same 90-94 throughout the season and winds up either getting DFAd or relegated to the bullpen.

Will be interesting to see if the club shows some foresight and just turns this guy into a bullpen guy from the jump. If he can't consistently keep his velo where it is, that move might save his career.

Even if he makes the rotation, I think it would almost be a certainty there will be an innings cap involved. But I think the more likely scenario is that he doesn't show the same 90-94 throughout the season and winds up either getting DFAd or relegated to the bullpen.

Will be interesting to see if the club shows some foresight and just turns this guy into a bullpen guy from the jump. If he can't consistently keep his velo where it is, that move might save his career.

Absolutely. If we can see a guy like Strasburg, who is younger and more likely to bounce back from the threat of injury, get an innings cap as controversial (albeit necessary for the long term) as the one he had at the end of last year then I don't see why an older and more injury-prone Scott Kazmir couldn't see the same, even on the off chance he is able to keep his velocity between 90-94.

I'm holding out hope that he's able to at least land a spot in the bullpen. Even a partially-recovered Scott Kazmir would do wonders for the depth of the bullpen, I think, as long as he's not throwing softballs over the plate in the latter portions of the game.

the diffrence is one came from an outside source (Kazmir) and the other came from people in the know with the team (Samuels)

Just dont get sucked in.

I still think we will try to push him as a starter at least to begin the season. We are so unstable with our rotation, a vet like kazmir would be valuable. I don't think he lasts the whole season though.

I think it has less to do with the team's vision and more to do with what Kazmir is ready to do. Is he really ready to give up starting? His comments that he has made makes me think naught, and this is why Im leery of trying to make a loogy out of a guy who might not have his head in it.

I think it has less to do with the team's vision and more to do with what Kazmir is ready to do. Is he really ready to give up starting? His comments that he has made makes me think naught, and this is why Im leery of trying to make a loogy out of a guy who might not have his head in it.

I'm not in his position, but if an MLB club told me to either go to the bullpen or get out, I'd go to the bullpen.

Buster Olney‏@Buster_ESPN

Folks in the Indians' camp are saying that Scott Kazmir looks very good, with the ball coming out of his hand free and easy. We'll see.

Nick Camino‏@CaminoTribe

Just spoke with #Indians LHP Scott Kazmir. He said he feels better now than 2007. If he pitches like he did back then...CLE got a steal.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."