• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

MLB 2K13

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
2K has put zero effort into this series for years. Even less then your average yearly sports franchise. In fact the MLB license lapsed and the game was basically cancelled until the MLB and 2K reached an agreement in late 2012.

So, take the barely playable version of last year's game and add a shortened development cycle and you are bound to get a total shit burger. Entire series needs to be burned to the ground and started over again. Which will not happen until the next gen consoles get going and another company starts developing a competitor.

The thing I don't understand is that NBA 2K has no competition and is brilliant year in and year out (in my opinion), but the 2K series does have competition (The Show; on PS3) but it continues to push out piles of shit year in and year out.

Is MLB The Show better than 2k? I'm thinking about buying one of them.

That didn't help me much.

If you have the choice of The Show or 2K, you take The Show.

Just watch some reviews online, The Show is unbelievable and 2K is absolute shit compared to it. People buy PS3's just to play The Show.

If you have the choice of The Show or 2K, you take The Show.

Just watch some reviews online, The Show is unbelievable and 2K is absolute shit compared to it. People buy PS3's just to play The Show.

Yea, probably a good call. But I heard that The Show has way better graphics and everything, but 2k has better gameplay and is more fun. I obviously don't know if that is true, but its out there. I'm thinking of buying The Show 12' for cheap because I don't really feel like paying 60 bucks for 13'. I'm not a very avid baseball fan but I've played baseball games before and they are pretty fun. That and I'm bored with all the games I have.

Yea, probably a good call. But I heard that The Show has way better graphics and everything, but 2k has better gameplay and is more fun. I obviously don't know if that is true, but its out there. I'm thinking of buying The Show 12' for cheap because I don't really feel like paying 60 bucks for 13'. I'm not a very avid baseball fan but I've played baseball games before and they are pretty fun. That and I'm bored with all the games I have.

It is absolutely not true.

2K is a glitch fest with absolutely no effort put into it.

When I worked with the Yankees a few years ago, I had the chance to work with SCEA's stadium developer for The Show and afterwards I purchased a ps3 from my buddy specifically to buy their game.

The amount of detail and work they put into their stadium design is unmatched, and the game engine simply blows away the pile of shit EA was coming up with and not changing over who knows how many years.

Anyone who tells you 2K is in the same league is just being a hater.

It's not a competition.

It is absolutely not true.

2K is a glitch fest with absolutely no effort put into it.

When I worked with the Yankees a few years ago, I had the chance to work with SCEA's stadium developer for The Show and afterwards I purchased a ps3 from my buddy specifically to buy their game.

The amount of detail and work they put into their stadium design is unmatched, and the game engine simply blows away the pile of shit EA was coming up with and not changing over who knows how many years.

Anyone who tells you 2K is in the same league is just being a hater.

It's not a competition.

EA hasn't made a baseball game since 2008 and they lost rights to the MLB license in 2005...(granted EA and 2k sound similar when spoken)

I'm still of the op that the best baseball games made were High Heat, Hardball and Front Page Sports. All of them were on the pc but there was so much depth to each of them.

Last edited:
MyPlayer is a complete and total rehash it's embarrassing...

Not only that but they've even recycled like half of the soundtrack from last year. Pure laziness wreaks throughout this game, glad I only rented it from Redbox. Not sure I'll ever play an MLB 2k game ever again.

EA hasn't made a baseball game since 2008 and they lost rights to the MLB license in 2005...(granted EA and 2k sound similar when spoken)

I'm still of the op that the best baseball games made were High Heat, Hardball and Front Page Sports. All of them were on the pc but there was so much depth to each of them.

Not sure why I wrote EA when I meant 2K, but yeah EA was at least decent back in 2004-5 range. 2K is just a mockery.

Last edited:
Went and picked it up today because I was trading games in and it was sitting on the discount rack for twenty bucks.

Pretty much the exact same game. Menus are EXACTLY the same. Gameplay is a bit smoother and some of the weird colors for the jerseys are fixed up.

People that call Call of Duty a complete rehash should go play MLB 2K12 and then 2K13. If I wouldn't of known that I was playing 2K13, I would of assumed I was playing 2K12. That's how similar they are.

Went and picked it up today because I was trading games in and it was sitting on the discount rack for twenty bucks.

Pretty much the exact same game. Menus are EXACTLY the same. Gameplay is a bit smoother and some of the weird colors for the jerseys are fixed up.

People that call Call of Duty a complete rehash should go play MLB 2K12 and then 2K13. If I wouldn't of known that I was playing 2K13, I would of assumed I was playing 2K12. That's how similar they are.

That's because they didnt spend any time on it. They planned on not having a MLB game this year but when EA decided not to they just updated the rosters and released it.

Not gonna lie, the online play is pretty fun on this game.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."