• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Farewell to Sergey Karasev

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: #19: Sergey Karasev

Sounds good. Cavs basically have drafted 4 guys with defensive liabilities. Varejao and Thompson have their work cut out for them.

You can usually count on one hand the amount of players in each draft who are able to come in and play sustainable defense in the NBA. The fact that a college player needs to work on his defense shouldn't surprise anyone. in fact, you should usually expect it.

Yessss!!!1!!!!!!111!11!

Favorite pick of the draft, I wanted this guy so bad! We badly needed a shooter and a euro on this team! Badass name and hilariously awesome english as well

At the request of multiple users I will have a Sergey Karasev Cavaliers avatar up shortly for free use

Rolling laughing at the shitty MS Paint job in your avy. OS rep for you. :chuckles: :thumbup:

Such a fan. I hope we keep him. I really like him as a shooter/passer as a solid scorer either off the bench or off the bench. Maybe a Toni Kukoc or a Paul Pierce.

Heres a video I found that shows off his underrated athleticism

[video=youtube;HOt3xeJgwcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOt3xeJgwcg[/video]

He throws down some pretty sick dunks around 2:50 onward

Love the pick COWBELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a video of him talking the entire time...what the hell did you watch? :chuckles:

You can usually count on one hand the amount of players in each draft who are able to come in and play sustainable defense in the NBA. The fact that a college player needs to work on his defense shouldn't surprise anyone. in fact, you should usually expect it.

I more mean physically limited defensively. Kyrie really hasn't worked on his body. Waiters gets shot over. Kerasev is a step slow. Bennett is going to get shot over.

Karasev was one of my favorite players in the draft, and getting him at 19 is a massive shock. His offensive upside is through the roof, and could be an electric scorer off the bench yet fits very well in the starting line up as well.

For my money, he was the second best SF in the draft and wasn't that far behind Porter. He has limitations on defense, but he can score. And score in bunches.

I like his size and shooting ability. He's also still only 19 so could fill out a bit more which would help him against SFs. He seems like a smart offensive player from the DX scouting video. Here it is since I haven't seen it posted here.

[video=youtube_share;TOEhmklaiQ4]http://youtu.be/TOEhmklaiQ4[/video]

Son of a former star player who is now a top Russian coach. Skinny for now, but not mentally weak. We have some serious shooting with Kyrie, Bennett, Karasev and Dion. Lots of mid range game, pick n pop, pick n roll, and 3P ability.

He is coming to the NBA next season right?

I more mean physically limited defensively. Kyrie really hasn't worked on his body. Waiters gets shot over. Kerasev is a step slow. Bennett is going to get shot over.

Bennett isn't going to get shot over. His wingspan and length will prevent that. He needs to learn to find better position defensively in the post, keep better track of the man he is assigned to and not fall into the habit of getting lazy when the opposition is on the fast break.

I am not the biggest Mike Brown fan, but he knows how to coach defense and I have faith he'll be able to work on Bennett's defensive issues with him. After all, Bennett is who Brown wanted (allegedly).

As far as Karasev, I suspect he'll develop into a good offensive player in the rotation who can shoot the ball. I don't trust euros to develop defensively, though.

He and TT will be an awesome combo off the bench, when The King returns.

Love the pick I was hoping the Cavs would get him. For once they get someone I want

wanted him as our 2nd pick for months... really like his game... coaches son who knows the game and has a sweet stroke from outside

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."