• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dark Souls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man Called X

Resident asshole
Reaction score
Just came out. If you're familiar with the PS3 only game Demon Soul's it's the spiritual sequel to it. Still hard, but doesn't seem to be as brutally unforgiving as the first one did.

Just came out. If you're familiar with the PS3 only game Demon Soul's it's the spiritual sequel to it. Still hard, but doesn't seem to be as brutally unforgiving as the first one did.

Good for a fresh short review... as I will be picking up my copy hopefully Saturday. Everyone Says It Is more hard however. NG+ In demons souls was handing my ass to me for a bit. I assumed the NG+ Is the Dark Souls Difficulty setting for the first run through I could be wrong. I hope you are right as really want to ease Into more before as I did Demons souls.

Good for a fresh short review... as I will be picking up my copy hopefully Saturday. Everyone Says It Is more hard however. NG+ In demons souls was handing my ass to me for a bit. I assumed the NG+ Is the Dark Souls Difficulty setting for the first run through I could be wrong. I hope you are right as really want to ease Into more before as I did Demons souls.

Gotta love Snarly.

Snarly, I have decided that I am going to buy you Rosetta Stone for English for Christmas. :chuckles:

[video=youtube;rPJaJ5ys_G0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPJaJ5ys_G0[/video]

Prepare your anus.

[video=youtube;rPJaJ5ys_G0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPJaJ5ys_G0[/video]

Prepare your anus.

Couldn't be more stoked for this game. Dark Souls for me started as a weird game to fill time, and 100 hours later turned in one of my top 5 favorite games of all time.

They better not fuck it up.

I've only played a bit of Dark Souls. Seemed awesome, I just never got around to picking it up.

Trailer definitely got me interested in the series again, certainly evoked that feeling of dread and unforgiving brutality that seemed to make DS so popular.

I've only played a bit of Dark Souls. Seemed awesome, I just never got around to picking it up.

Trailer definitely got me interested in the series again, certainly evoked that feeling of dread and unforgiving brutality that seemed to make DS so popular.

Yeah it's just one of those games that can totally engross you....but it's better if you have a lot of time on your hands to spend hours dying over and over and over.

And it's just not awesome in that hipster hardcore video gamer way where its "good cause its hard bro". It's just so well made. If you die, it's your fault, never cheap. Every time you die, you learn something. You'll know your hooked after you rage quit, go to bed, and lay in bed thinking "maybe if I try this next time....."

Plus the weirdness and lack of coherent story just add to the feel of the game. I really hope they don't try to make the game more popular by making it into a harder version of skyrim.

Also, most precise combat I've played in an RPG.

Yeah it's just one of those games that can totally engross you....but it's better if you have a lot of time on your hands to spend hours dying over and over and over.

And it's just not awesome in that hipster hardcore video gamer way where its "good cause its hard bro". It's just so well made. If you die, it's your fault, never cheap. Every time you die, you learn something. You'll know your hooked after you rage quit, go to bed, and lay in bed thinking "maybe if I try this next time....."

Plus the weirdness and lack of coherent story just add to the feel of the game. I really hope they don't try to make the game more popular by making it into a harder version of skyrim.

Also, most precise combat I've played in an RPG.

That's why I've hesitated to actually purchase it. Game is just fucking brutal from the little I played and what I've read. Really not sure I can make that kind of investment.

I think I'll save it for when I'm in a drought with nothing to play, maybe pick it up for like $10 used or something. Who knows when the sequel will be out. My guess is Spring.

That's why I've hesitated to actually purchase it. Game is just fucking brutal from the little I played and what I've read. Really not sure I can make that kind of investment.

I think I'll save it for when I'm in a drought with nothing to play, maybe pick it up for like $10 used or something. Who knows when the sequel will be out. My guess is Spring.

Yeah you can pick it up for like $20 new. It's not a game to pick up for an hour here and or there and "have fun". But if you find yourself some time, I couldn't recommend a game any higher.

Didn't think anyone knew about this game. My friend thought this game was so good that he bought it for me since I said I would never even consider buying it, or even playing it based on video. Safe to say it is one of the best games I have ever played.

It is brutally difficult at first since the game tells you absolutely nothing. I think the very first part is actually one of the hardest areas in the game so if you can control your anger and get through that, you will enjoy the game. I ended up beating it fairly quickly (about 65 hours) but it's definitely not a game you just pick up for 30 minutes. Normally, you have to fail countless times in order to make progress and the desire to explore will add a ton of time to gameplay. I'm on my 2nd playthrough now to just try to get the full experience of playing the game and you can probably beat it in 15 hours once you know what you are doing.

I agree with pr26. Highly recommend it to everyone, especially RPG lovers and those looking for a challenge. Very diverse game offering a ton of options and unlike most RPGs, it has a very high playback ability. The level layout in the game is just unbelievable.

Great game. Even after it is no longer as difficult because you've played it through a few times, you can try it to make it all the way through with a soul level 1 character, and it's just a bitch all over again. Probably the best ration of $/playing time ever.

fuck yea dark souls

i've still never made a magic or faith build though, despite two playthroughs each of dark and demons souls

Anyone PvP on the 360? Been playing lately with my sl120 dex build.

Anyone PvP on the 360? Been playing lately with my sl120 dex build.

I'm on the 360. Don't have anyone around 120, though. Have a 186, then a 138 (faith build, crappy) got a couple around 60, and then my SL 1 guy, though I'm not about to try SL1 on NG+. Killing Kalameet was enough to drive me nuts at SL 1. Kind of fun co-opping at SL1, though, because you're paired with other folks who are weak as hell, so it's all skill.

Right now, my SL1 on NG+ just hangs around Undead Burg as a nasty surprise for Darkwraiths picking on newbies. Was playing last week helping out newbies, and a newbie happened to summon both me and another SL1 build on NG+, then we got invaded. Steamrolled the DW -- dude was pissed, but it was kind of funny.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."