• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2013 Mike Miller Thriller - Amnestied, No Bids, Cleared Waivers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you want Mike Miller on the Cavs?

• Yes

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Do not care one way or the other

Votes: 26 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Heat Waive Mike Miller

With the new CBA, you are only allowed to have 3 punchable faces per team.

Wade
Battier
And they re-signed Birdophile...

So Miller had to go.

Chris-Bosh-FAce.jpg

Hey, they're in the tax for a reason.

With the new CBA, you are only allowed to have 3 punchable faces per team.

Wade
Battier
And they re-signed Birdophile...

So Miller had to go.

Chalmers is #1 on my Heat list. Battier, Anthony (total rapeface), Miller, Wade, Birdman, and Bosh are all upper tier punch in the face guys

The Cleveland Cavaliers are strongly considering making an amnesty waiver bid to claim former Miami Heat forward Mike Miller, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Mike Miller won back-to-back NBA championships with the Heat. (AP)
Miami used the amnesty provision to free itself of the $12.8 million left on Miller's contract over the next two seasons. The decision will save the Heat significant money in luxury-tax payments, but the organization is still responsible for paying the balance of Miller's contract.
Cleveland has made several free-agency signings, including center Andrew Bynum, guard Jarrett Jack and forward Earl Clark, with a focus on returning to the playoffs next season. Miller is close friends with LeBron James, and the Cavaliers are planning to make a run to re-sign him in 2014 free agency.
Any team with salary-cap space can place a blind bid to claim the player, with the highest bid securing him. Teams can claim the player's full salary but must have available cap room or they can place a partial bid with their available cap space. For example, if Cleveland places a bid for $2 million on Miller – and it's the highest – the Cavaliers would be responsible for paying $2 million per season of the money left on Miller's contract. Miami would have to pay the rest.
The deadline for placing a waiver bid for Miller is 5 p.m. ET Thursday.
If Miller goes unclaimed in the process, he's a free agent and eligible to sign everywhere except back with Miami. Miller played a significant role in the Heat's back-to-back NBA championships and run to three straight Finals appearances.
Miller, 33, has played 12 NBA seasons, including stops with Orlando, Memphis, Minnesota, Washington and Miami. Despite several pivotal performances for Miami in key playoff and Finals games over the past two years, injuries often kept him out of the lineup, or playing hurt.

-Woj
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--cavs-consider-waiver-bid-for-mike-miller-215056151.html

mike-miller.jpg

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 58s

Y! Sources: Cleveland's considering an amnesty waiver bid to claim forward Mike Miller. http://yhoo.it/1bJEg1j

"Miller is close friends with Lebron James, and the Cavs are planning to make a run to resign him"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Cavs have delayed signing Andrew Bynum. Means they have still have cap space to bid for Mike Miller as Yahoo reported they're considering</p>— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statuses/357641126351605760">July 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 4m

Were the Cavs to put in a bid for Miller and win, they have nonguaranteed players they could waive to re-open space to sign Bynum.

The Thriller for Mike Miller

Would Miller just be under team control for next season?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2013 Mike Miller Thriller

Would rather give Karasev and Felix more playing time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2013 Mike Miller Safari

Would rather give Karasev and Felix more playing time.

id imagine theyd do it for the championship experience alone to trickle down to the youngsters on the team and utilize him similarly to how the heat did. mainly in big moments when they need a few 3s or something. i doubt hed get major minutes at his age.

I dont think Miller is Safari worthy guys! Perhaps 4 years ago, but Safari's are reserved for big name guys. I would like to save our SAFARI MOMENTUM we got last week for next summer. I dont want to go into the Lebron Safari on a losing streak.

I'm so confused...

I've spent a lot of energy hating is guy, now we might want him? I thought he was almost dead the way he cripples up and down the court.

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN about 19 minutes ago
While Miller has history of injuries, he played most games this year (59) since 08-09 & shot 42% on 3s. Many teams have interest.

So when do we sign Bynum? WTF

I hope this safari was created as a jinx.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."