• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Are you ready for some football?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Style

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
I love me some Cavs, but real games are a long ways away. The Browns first preseason game is tomorrow. I'm even jacked about that, and preseason nfl football blows!

What I'm really jacked about is my Buckeyes. They are so stacked this year, it's sick. This team is good and deep.

And how bout Ginn? Teddy may just be the single best offensive weapon in the country. Every time he touches the ball it's exciting, and he will be touching it often, to be sure. They're planning on getting him 15-20 touches a game through various ways. Hell, in just half a season last year he tied the record for most punt return TDs in a season. And after the first one or two teams started kicking away from him. Did I mention he tied the record only playing half a season? Wow, talk about explosive!

I love the Browns and Bucks...Ginn Holmes Smith Pittman is a fab 4 right there. With Salley Yoboty(sp) and Hawk on defense that is just sick. Plus Tress is a top 5 coach in the game.

Browns I'm a little bummed about the player I was dyin to see Braylon won't play sigh...I'm wanting to see Frye Rideau Pool and Perkins though, I wanna see Brodney lay the wood on Lee Evans or Moulds or even shockey how cool would that be haha. Perkins set the ncaa record for punt returns for tds in 1 season, so he and Alston should be on kickoffs. I wanted to see Droughns but he won't play either. I pray to god suggs doesnt get a nagging injury or we will be stuck with that bum and a half William "pot smokin i got stabbed by my woman" green..

Dont u love that slogan , thingee

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

God that really pumps u up

CavsDawgsTribe said:
Ginn Holmes Smith Pittman is a fab 4 right there. With Salley Yoboty(sp) and Hawk on defense that is just sick. Plus Tress is a top 5 coach in the game.
In addition to the fab four, we have the best OL we've had since 96. Our offense will dominate the line of scrimmage. When you dominate the line, even average playmakers look good, but when those playmakers are Ginn, Holmes, and Smith? It's going to be sick. Remember the ass beating we gave michigan where Smith had the MOST YARDAGE EVER against a michigan team? Yeah, well that was michigan. A perrenial power. Ginn and Homes are first round draft pick WRs. It's going to be a fun year.

Defensively, there is so much talent going 2 and even 3 deep, but one absolute monster you left out is Pitcock. Terrible name, but that guy is a beast on the inside. Have fun running your offense against that defense when you have 300 pounds of pissed off Pitcock busting right up the middle every play. Did I mention that the best LBs in the nation are waiting beyond him?

In my house it's god, family, tressel. Thank the lord we didn't hire Glenn Mason (who finished second for the job). Mason's a good guy, but is very mediocre. JT could be up there with Woody before it's all said in done. Hell, if he just keeps up the pace he's set in his first 4 years (40-10, 3-1 in Bowl games, 3-1 vs Mich, a big ten title, and oh yeah, a nattie) he'll easily surpass Woody as greatest OSU coach and be right up their with the all time greats in the game. OSU is his dream job, and he's not going anywhere.

The one thing that could keep us from a national title this year is our schedule. It's vicious. If we go undefeated, we certainly deserve the nattie. The Big Ten is tough as ever this year. Wisconsin and Purdue drop off the schedule, two of the second tier teams, which helps. Illinoise had been off our schedule the last two years, so we get that cupcake back. Indiana and SDSU will be two other easy wins, but after that, we could lose any saturday if we don't come out and play hard. And we have three preseason top ten teams: Texas, Mich, and Iowa. My guess is we drop a game or two and finish 11-1, 10-2, just b/c the schedule is so hard, but make no mistake about it, we are one of the elite teams this year and with some luck could just bring another title home.

CavsDawgsTribe said:
Browns I'm a little bummed about the player I was dyin to see Braylon won't play sigh...I'm wanting to see Frye Rideau Pool and Perkins though, I wanna see Brodney lay the wood on Lee Evans or Moulds or even shockey how cool would that be haha. Perkins set the ncaa record for punt returns for tds in 1 season, so he and Alston should be on kickoffs. I wanted to see Droughns but he won't play either. I pray to god suggs doesnt get a nagging injury or we will be stuck with that bum and a half William "pot smokin i got stabbed by my woman" green..
It's hard for me to get too excited about the Browns right now. It's a transition year. All new coaches, all new systems, half the players are new, it's gonna take time for it to come together. And the AFC north is looking brutal. Pit returns everyone to the best defense in the league last year, an already tough Bal had a fantastic off season, and Lewis just keeps making the Bengals better year by year, game by game, play by play. I think that Savage and Crennel have the team going in the right direction, we FINALLY have competant people at the top, but it's going to take time. If we get 6 wins I'll be happy.

Expect our defense to get roughed up this year, especially early on, as they learn the 3-4. It's alot different. Normally at this time of year the defense is way ahead of the offense, that's just the nature of the game, but all reports out of camp have it the other way around. That's a bad sign.

Don't be suprised if Antonio Bryant is the number 1 WR, not Edwards. He was our number 1 last year and showed flashes that he could be a star, and supposedly he's just lighting it up in camp. He's also Dilfer's fav target. Oh yeah, another good sign is that Dilfer has looked really sharp in camp. Good thing, we're going to need some offense with that defense.

Cstyle since when did the o-line become so good, last year they were anything but that. i know expierence does wonders but best since 96 is a little far fetched.

Tressell will go down as the coach who had the most players arrested under his program..

He is making Miami look like a clean institute.

cavincali said:
Cstyle since when did the o-line become so good, last year they were anything but that. i know expierence does wonders but best since 96 is a little far fetched.

Did u even follow all the offseason moves that happened?

Im pretty sure he was talking about the Buckeyes..

yes i was talking about the buckeyes.

and law if you are a browns fan you should have known because we didnt have a team in 96.

cavincali said:
Go back and watch the last two games last year. Our O-line was blasting people off the line all day. And that was only against Michigan and Okie State. Not chopped liver. Mangold and Sims are senior that have been starting for what, 3 or 4 years now? They are solid. Add to that Barton and Downing, who are simply ferocious, and actually more dominant than the two seniors (although the seniors have been given more hype). We have 4 all big ten OL right there.

The fifth will be either Datish (at RG), or there is talk Rehring is looking so good he's going to play LT and Sims will move to guard. Admittedly Datish and Rehring have only had a few starts between them, but Datish was a 5 star kid coming out of high school who's been in the program for going on four years, and Rehring is 6'8" 330 with nimble feet, and as a true frosh last year was destroying people in the goal line offense (near the end of the season).

There is alot of depth beyond that. They go nearly three deep with quality talent. When was the last time you could say that about ohio state? Cooper had really underperformed recruting OL his last several years in Columbus, and it's taken JT 4 years to get the position stout again.

A Mac aka The Truth said:
Tressell will go down as the coach who had the most players arrested under his program..

He is making Miami look like a clean institute.
He's had no more arrests than Cooper's teams and far less than Miami back in the Catholics vs Convics days. He's just had more press about it b/c:

1) Mo C was a hiesman candidate on the national championship team. His lies (not a shred of evidence has been found to substantiate his claims) made for a good story b/c he was so high profile.
2) ESPN started a witch hunt against the university.

So his arrest count is no higher than what the university had previously, and average when compared to Div I football programs across the board, but his grades and graduation rates are drastically higher than the old regime. JT is actually doing an exceptional job running a high character/class program. It's a shame that Mo C's lies were such a huge story, front page news, while his lies being proved false never made the papers anywhere but Columbus.

O yes, blame ESPN, lol.

The program is very dirty...maybe not as bad as others, but it clear as day.

Bottom line is, players are still getting suspended for infractions and getting arrested at appauling numbers.

Great job he is doing down there.

A Mac aka The Truth said:
Bottom line is, players are still getting suspended for infractions and getting arrested at appauling numbers.
Well, I guess the majority of college football programs are appalling then. I used to live in Toledo, and players were constantly getting arrested for DUIs, ganja, bar fights, all the shit that you see OSU players and EVERY OTHER UNIVERSITY IN THE COUNTRY getting arrested for. But the Toledo program isn't in the spotlight. The arrests would barely make the back page of the Blade, let alone any papers outside of town. The number of arrests at OSU are no higher than average for Div I football, you just can't miss it when one happens.

We're talking about a group of 100 plus 18-22 year old male jocks. A handful are going to get into trouble occasionally. It's the nature of the beast.

Not at Notre Dame. That stuff dont fly.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."