• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

So long, David Griffin

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

red.

RCF Echo Chamber. #FreeDG!
Reaction score
Can we discuss our GM here?

Me, personally, I'm a little confused by the direction he's trying to take this team, and the moves he's trying to make.

I wasn't really fond of him, because I was tired of Gilbert hiring inside house, and I wanted him to go elsewhere to get someone else perspective.

What are your thoughts or concerns about Griffin?

Re: David Griffin?

I'm curious why you're confused in the direction he's trying to take the team since, you know, he hasn't really done much of anything yet.

why are you confused? he is an offensive minded person, which is why he brought in Hawes.

Blatt has a similar philosophy to Griffin, which is why the fit is great.

I personally love everything Griffin has done thus far. Griffin did not tank when he took over and Blatt is not a tanking sort of guy. I think he puts us in the right direction.

I think he is offensive oriented and will likely try to build this team in a way similar to the Suns.

His focus seems to be on making the pieces fit.

It seems silly, but I like his energy and positive attitude about things.

Hard to judge him at this point but I'm very interested to see what kind of roster we have come August or so.

I'm curious why you're confused in the direction he's trying to take the team since, you know, he hasn't really done much of anything yet.

Jesus.

I think it's alright if the guy opens a discussion space about the person tasked with managing arguably the most important Cavaliers off-season in 4 years.

I wasn't really fond of him, because I was tired of Gilbert hiring inside house, and I wanted him to go elsewhere to get someone else perspective.

You don't like him because he came from within the organization?

So if the Cavs had hired him from, say, Houston, you would have been okay with it?

The main thing we have to go by so far is his coaching search. I think he did a great job, both in the process used (i.e., he didn't just call up his old college buddy and give him the job), and in the end result.

We'll know a lot more about him four days from now, and even more a month from now. Surely our opinions may change as more of the cards on the table get turned face up; but based on what we do know, I'm optimistic.

Jesus.

I think it's alright if the guy opens a discussion space about the person tasked with managing arguably the most important Cavaliers off-season in 4 years.

Lol Chris is having a bad week.

I am?

Sounds like a lot of people share my view. Which, actually, never involved me saying close the thread?

I'm not sure why you are confused on David Griffin. You must of not liked the hire of David Blatt, that's why you are questioning him already.

I'm not sure why you are confused on David Griffin. You must of not liked the hire of David Blatt, that's why you are questioning him already.

The guy said he had some critiques of Griffin, but didn't expound upon them, so I asked him to. And people are mad about it? :chuckles:

Sensitive Sally in here.

Can we discuss our GM here?

Me, personally, I'm a little confused by the direction he's trying to take this team, and the moves he's trying to make.

What are your thoughts or concerns about Griffin?

Can you give some legitimate reason as why you don't like him? I don't really see any bad moves that he has made yet.

Continuity.. Gilbert didnt fire Grant because he didnt believe in the build but because He didnt think Grants management style was appropiate for the team to take the next step.

Reports about concerns for Scott getting out there that turned into a self fulfilling prophecy along with Scotts dismissal.. the rehiring of Brown who once again struggled to get the players to buy in ( it amuses me when people cmplain about browns offense and the team hardly played it xcept in spirts) .

Griffin on the other hand understand how important it i s to have the [;ayers buy into what the Cavs are doing so Blatt stands a much better chance to succeed where Scott and Brown failed.

Gilbert seems to have better rapport with the players and the coaches and he can do so without undermining the coach. something Grant consistently failed to do. Grant was more of a pitchman who could sell an idea whereas griffin seems more like the type who can make those ideas work.

Wasn't a fan of the Hawes move and that probably ends up being a negative, even if a small one.

I do like Blatt and am glad we conducted an extensive interview.

But I also share the OP's caution. I do not like that he came from within the organization when the organization itself seems to be a problem.

I wouldn't "crown his ass" yet. He hasn't made any "A" moves so far, but he's had very little time so the jury is still out on him.

IMO, his first test will be constructing a playoff caliber roster next season.

Yeah, honestly he hasn't convinced me either way yet, and as you all know..I generally err on the side of caution with these Cleveland teams. But he's given me no reason to doubt him thus far.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."