• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fastlane Tonight - in Cleveland!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Goddamn I hate Kane's constant interferences; just ruins the match for me.

WWE wonders why CM Punk left?

They're setting up for the Rock Vs. Brock at mania. Book it!

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena (WWE World Heavyweight Title)
- I dont see Cena getting his ass kicked the way he did and just going away without a rematch. I'm not sure if Cena prevails, but a rematch definitely looks like a lock, especially with a lack of credible main event face contenders for Lesnar right now.

We will most likely be stuck with this, but I don't think anyone wants to see this match.

Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz (IC Title)
- This match is the one I'm most unsure about, as I could see them having a rematch on Raw before it even gets to the PPV. It's hard to imagine WWE wasting the best gimmick The Miz has had going for him in a long time so I think he eventually wins the belt back. Wouldn't be surprised to see either go into this PPV as champion, likely facing each other again, but someone like Cesaro or RVD or a returning Barrett could challenge.

I'm hoping they let Ziggler get a run with it, but wouldn't be shocked if they took it back and gave it to Miz.

Sheamus vs. Rusev vs. Swagger (US Title)
- I think this is a good way of continuing a solid mid card feud with Swagger-Rusev by tossing Sheamus and the US title in the mix. Swagger has lost both timesto Rusev but neither have been definitive losses. Swagger could win the US belt, which would be a cool moment, without Rusev being pinned/submitting. Sheamus needs to lose this belt that has done nothing for him and turn heel.

Sheamus could turn heel helping Rusev to form a international we're better then America group.

Uso's vs. Dust Bros vs. Wyatt's (Tag Team Titles)
- Predicted it for Summerslam and didnt happen. WWE gave pretty much zero air time to the tag team division in the past month, but that will change now. This should be an insanely fun match if/when it happens.

For how little they use these titles, they might as well scrap them.

AJ vs. Paige (Diva's Title)
- These two are just on another level compared to the rest of the divas and the feud still has plenty of juice left.

They could run this feud all the way through mania.

Roman Reigns vs. Triple H
- Logical choice. Reigns took down Kane, then Orton, and now next up is Triple H to likely cap the Reigns vs The Authority feud. Also, WWE trying to boost those network subscriptions hard right now so adding Triple H to a "B" grade PPV makes sense.

I'm not sure HHH will wrestle at a B PPV.

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
- These two are far from done, and Rollins winning last night all but assures that. Guessing there will be another stipulation (cage match, no DQ, etc).

This match pretty much is a lock.

Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho
- Jericho is scheduled to take time off after this PPV to go on tour, so it doesn't make any sense for either guy to move on to something new. Their tied 1-1 in their series of matches, and this rubber match will give Wyatt the rub and write off Jericho.

I'd rather see Wyatt move on to someone else.

Brie Bella vs. Nikki Bella
- After last night this looks like a given. Also, a way of WWE promoting that Total Diva's show. Just hope it's relegated to the pre-show because the rest of the card (if it goes as predicted) looks pretty stacked.

They could easily open the show with this match.

You're missing Randy Orton and I don't see WWE carrying a PPV without him in it barring injury.

Yeah I know Orton is left off, but I just don't know who he would feud with. Reigns beat him definitively at Summerslam which leaves little reason to expect a rematch. The problem with a PPV like Night of Champions is that 5 championship matches are guaranteed to be on the card, 4 of those 5 are mid card and diva titles. That leaves 3-4 additional matches max. Ambrose-Rollins like you said is a lock, Bella's likely are too, and Wyatt-Jericho probably wrap things up. I heard Batista may be coming back soon... I could see him and Orton going at it based off the way things left off with them. I couldn't stomach that being the main event at WrestleMania, but in the mid card at a PPV like Night of Champions you could do worse.

I only think HHH would wrestle at this show because WWE is pushing hard to up Network subscriptions. Plus, he did wrestle at Extreme Rules and Payback this year (with Evolution), which are B level PPVs. From a storyline perspective it just makes sense to see Reigns have to conquer him at some point, but we'll see.

Yeah I know Orton is left off, but I just don't know who he would feud with. Reigns beat him definitively at Summerslam which leaves little reason to expect a rematch. The problem with a PPV like Night of Champions is that 5 championship matches are guaranteed to be on the card, 4 of those 5 are mid card and diva titles. That leaves 3-4 additional matches max. Ambrose-Rollins like you said is a lock, Bella's likely are too, and Wyatt-Jericho probably wrap things up. I heard Batista may be coming back soon... I could see him and Orton going at it based off the way things left off with them. I couldn't stomach that being the main event at WrestleMania, but in the mid card at a PPV like Night of Champions you could do worse.

I only think HHH would wrestle at this show because WWE is pushing hard to up Network subscriptions. Plus, he did wrestle at Extreme Rules and Payback this year (with Evolution), which are B level PPVs. From a storyline perspective it just makes sense to see Reigns have to conquer him at some point, but we'll see.

They will find a way to put Orton in a match even if they have to make something a triple threat. He's a decent draw, so I doubt they wouldn't put him in the card.

I agree... having Orton on the card is definitely "what's best for business"

Apparently, Kurt Angle is planning for a WWE return but dirtsheets are reportng that Triple H is against Kurt's possible return. Anybody else think it's a bunch of crock? I mean Vince welcomed back Bret Hart who legitimately punched him in the face and ridiculed him for years. I think WWE would welcome back Kurt since he can still draw which is what Vince cares the most.

I strangely found Stephanie McMahon attractive in her wrestling outfit at Summer Slam. :chuckles:

Besides Kurt's personal demons (which are plenty and matter to WWE'S corporate family friendly image) and his neck concerns (which are plenty) why else would HHH pass on him?

Age? The fact that he literally can't stay healthy?

Well, Kurt is in awful shape right now and might be alcoholic.

On a second thought, the reports might be credible after all especially when Kurt just got arrested for DUI just a year ago and the fact that the hasn't been healthy for years. WWE doesn't even need Kurt Angle right now. I mean he'd still be a great addition, no doubt ,but his personal problems and his aging body are definitely a deterrent. WWE isn't desperate for a Kurt Angle return but Kurt Angle is.

Would love to see another Kurt vs Brock match if Kurt can get his shit together

Apparently, Kurt Angle is planning for a WWE return but dirtsheets are reportng that Triple H is against Kurt's possible return. Anybody else think it's a bunch of crock? I mean Vince welcomed back Bret Hart who legitimately punched him in the face and ridiculed him for years. I think WWE would welcome back Kurt since he can still draw which is what Vince cares the most.

Where do you read dirt sheets at?

Don't really have one. I just heard from my wrestling friends that Triple H is against Kurt's possible WWE return.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Kurt Angle recently made inquiries about returning to WWE. Angle spoke to Triple H on the phone and was said to be pretty much blown off. Angle then called Vince McMahon but Vince told him that Triple H makes the talent decisions now.
This led to Triple H being upset with Angle for trying to go over his head. This was all confirmed by Mark Madden, who had Angle on his show, and other sources.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2014/0820/580282/kurt-angle-reportedly-calls-triple-h-and-vince-mcmahon-about/#ixzz3B7qLDSj3

Pretty sure this is what he was referring to

Angle spent over half his career in tna and I'm not sure his neck would hold up against the likes of lesnar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."