• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Kevin Love Safari™

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple Choice: How much would you trade for Kevin Love?

• Waiters, Thompson and a Pick

Votes: 150 24.4%
  • Waiters, Bennett and a Pick

Votes: 138 22.4%
  • Waiters, Thompson and Multiple Picks

Votes: 150 24.4%
  • Waiters, Bennett and Multiple Picks

Votes: 165 26.8%
  • Thompson, Bennett and Multiple Picks

Votes: 80 13.0%
  • Wiggins, 1 of the above players, and a Pick (wouldn't work until 30-days after Wiggins signed)

Votes: 34 5.5%
  • Wiggins, 2 of the above players and a pick

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Wiggins, and whatever players/picks it takes

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Revisit trade options for Love later in the season

Votes: 192 31.2%
  • Not interested in trading for Love this year.

Votes: 65 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this what happens to war vets? All we knew was the safari but now that it's over with we don't know what to do with ourselves.

Nah. There will always be another safari on the horizon for men like us.

Re: The Kevin Love Safari™

Based on how awful the last 50 have been, I don't think anyone is prepared to write or read 20 more. :tongue:

Everyone should save their energy for the welcome thread.

True :chuckles:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x_a1kUxJt5A[/video] lmao

T-wolves beat writer Jerry Zgoda did a Q&A on Twitter late last night. Nothing groundbreaking, but he did make the following points relevant to the Love trade:

-- Implied that Love was the only player being sent to Cleveland.
-- Cavs sending out Wiggins, Bennett, and Miami pick.
-- Very likely that it will be a 3 team deal with Philly involved. (Minny will get Thad Young and keep Bennett, and send out the Miami pick and various expirings, probably Shved and Mbah a Moute, to Philly.)
-- Reminder that before the trade, Minny has 15 guaranteed contracts, and trade will send out Love and likely 2 expirings to Philly, with Young, Wiggins, and Bennett coming back, leaving them at a roster of 15. But Minny also wants to sign second round pick Glenn Robinson. So they will have to clear another contract. Zgoda thinks they will be able to do so, but offered no ideas as to how.
-- Ronny Turiaf was not mentioned as a player that they would like to move, or at least be willing to move, to clear the roster spot -- Mbah a Moute, Shved, Barea, and even Shabazz, Budinger, and K-Martin were all mentioned.

Quite a bit more on the T-wolves. Personally, I will be glad when this trade is finally over and I no longer have to follow these Minnesota reporters.

https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda/with_replies

He also indicated tonight that trade calls can be completed with the league office on the weekend ("yes, i'm told it can be done")

He said that in the Twitter chat as well, but wasn't prepared to say it would be announced over the weekend.

T-wolves beat writer Jerry Zgoda did a Q&A on Twitter late last night. Nothing groundbreaking, but he did make the following points relevant to the Love trade:

-- Implied that Love was the only player being sent to Cleveland.
-- Cavs sending out Wiggins, Bennett, and Miami pick.
-- Very likely that it will be a 3 team deal with Philly involved. (Minny will get Thad Young and keep Bennett, and send out the Miami pick and various expirings, probably Shved and Mbah a Moute, to Philly.)
-- Reminder that before the trade, Minny has 15 guaranteed contracts, and trade will send out Love and likely 2 expirings to Philly, with Young, Wiggins, and Bennett coming back, leaving them at a roster of 15. But Minny also wants to sign second round pick Glenn Robinson. So they will have to clear another contract. Zgoda thinks they will be able to do so, but offered no ideas as to how.
-- Ronny Turiaf was not mentioned as a player that they would like to move, or at least be willing to move, to clear the roster spot -- Mbah a Moute, Shved, Barea, and even Shabazz, Budinger, and K-Martin were all mentioned.

Quite a bit more on the T-wolves. Personally, I will be glad when this trade is finally over and I no longer have to follow these Minnesota reporters.

https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda/with_replies

This surprises me, unless I missed something before. Philly fans, at least the ones I know, will not like this.

This surprises me, unless I missed something before. Philly fans, at least the ones I know, will not like this.
I will tell you what the future of Bennett, Noel, Embiid, and Saric is a very odd boom or bust combo. That will be a odd team to watch in four years.

I will tell you what the future of Bennett, Noel, Embiid, and Saric is a very odd boom or bust combo. That will be a odd team to watch in four years.

He says MN is keeping Bennet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait for this to be finalized. The waiting is killing me! haha

The forum is looking pretty sharp and is running smoothly, Ben! Keep up the good work!

All of the MN reporters are expecting the deal to go down on Saturday:

Dan Barreiro:
What I expect by end of day Sat: Wolves lose Love, Shved, Mbah A Moute, a No. 1, gain Wiggins, Bennett, TYoung, cap except. In 3-team deal.

Jon Krawczynski:
Educated guess for Saturday: CLE gets Love, MIN gets Wiggins, Bennett, Young, PHI gets Shved, Moute, CLE #1 (from MIA).
There are still some final wrinkles to be ironed out, but that's how everything is shaping up. Optimism on all sides that it gets done.

Darren Wolfson:
Also because the question has been asked a lot: league office can take a trade call on Saturday, if given a heads-up (they have). T
he league is aware that they should be ready for a trade call on Saturday.

Jerry Zgoda:
Thanks for the questions everybody. Saturday will be here before you know it...

Last edited:
I never been so spoil and happy with off season news as I have this summer....Like someone said we went from being happy with Bennett,Clark,Jack,Bynum, That Russian guy, To James, Miller,Love,Marion, and maybe Allen...Thank you lord, now if Ferry can get off his ass in find us a Center (lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."