• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Addressing the hole at center

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I saw that Kyrylo Fesenko is in camp with the Timberwolves. IF we can't get Timofey Mozgov, I wouldn't mind giving Fesenko a look in camp. He's big, active, strong and young. He's far from a top-flight prospect, but he's definitely one worth taking a shot on.

I mentioned him in another thread and got crickets but he could be a decent potential stop gap until we can grab somebody with more talent.

Udoh is still out and about in FA. Reportedly the Cavs and Warriors are the only 2 teams interested in him though it's been really quiet for the last month.

Udoh is still out and about in FA. Reportedly the Cavs and Warriors are the only 2 teams interested in him though it's been really quiet for the last month.

I like Udoh as a bench rim protector. That's all he's good for at this point, but the Cavs could use that depending on who they're playing.

I like Udoh as a bench rim protector. That's all he's good for at this point, but the Cavs could use that depending on who they're playing.

Agreed, I'd want Udoh to slow down the likes of Al Jefferson or Brook Lopez or protect the paint from guards that are abusing Irving/Waiters on defense. Nothing more, nothing less.

Having position versatility in Blatt's lineups seem like a priority for this team. I can't think of a rotational player that can't play more than one position on this roster.

Do you have a source for that? I have seen various people speculate that the Cavs could be interested in Udoh, but have seen nothing to suggest they actually are. Back in mid-July Sam Amick reported the Clippers were interested, but they apparently lost interest, and I haven't heard his name linked to any team since then, aside from idle internet speculation.

Do you have a source for that? I have seen various people speculate that the Cavs could be interested in Udoh, but have seen nothing to suggest they actually are. Back in mid-July Sam Amick reported the Clippers were interested, but they apparently lost interest, and I haven't heard his name linked to any team since then, aside from idle internet speculation.

http://fansided.com/2014/07/24/cleveland-cavaliers-eyeing-eyeing-brendan-haywood-greg-oden-emeka-okafor-ekpe-udoh/

Even if the Cavaliers land Love, they will still need a big man to defend the rim. Sam The Bullshit Whisperer of Fox Sports Ohio offers four free agents - Brendan Haywood, Miami Heat center Greg Oden, Phoenix Suns’ veteran Emeka Okafor and Milwaukee Bucks’s big man Ekpe Udoh as players who could fill that role.

Not really much connection between him and the Cavs now that I've looked back at it (Or any other team for that matter). Still no one has given him a contract and Udoh is only willing to play for a contender.

I've mentioned Ayon as a guy worth taking a look at...Spanish article basically says he has no offers from the NBA or Europe at this time...He's played 3 years in the NBA for a total of 135 games and 2200 minutes. Not a shot blocker, but he has been decent, and looks like you could get him on a mostly non-guaranteed invite at this point.

http://www.record.com.mx/articulo/n...ol/ayon-no-tiene-ofertas-de-equipos-de-la-nba

Ayon is not what you're looking for a in a big on a contending NBA team. What he did in the FIBA Americas tournament for Mexico was admirable though.

I'm not excited about Brenda Haywood. I have some familiarity with him from watching the Wizards and he's always been a bit of a stiff. Post injury and at his age, I wouldn't expect much.

I would see if the Lakers are interested in trading Robert Sacre. Brendan Haywood has plenty of value thanks to his contract, maybe he and another player/pick could get it done.

I would see if the Lakers are interested in trading Robert Sacre. Brendan Haywood has plenty of value thanks to his contract, maybe he and another player/pick could get it done.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger.

Haywood's contract could net a lot more than Sacre. I would rather hang onto him through the year.

* The prize out there right now is Okafor, because he has the ability to contribute in the playoffs. Sheridan said ten teams including the Cavaliers are working with his agent. The negative is, as previously mentioned in several places, the earliest he sees action is after the new year.

* The Cavs seem interested in checking what Haywood can do before using the Utah contracts. There doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency.

* Ayon has a lingering shoulder injury, otherwise he could have had an offer by now. He has slow feet, but has skills on both ends of the floor for a true center.

* If the Cavs wanted Thabeet, I don't see why they couldn't have traded for him already.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."