• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Series #40 -|- Indians @ Twins -|- August 19th, 20th, and 21st

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Heckuva win there. The Indians have quietly won 6 out of the last 8 now. Tonight's win pulls them back within 4.5 of the 2nd Wild Card, draws them even with Toronto, and puts them only a half game behind New York.

Tomorrow's game is a big one - get a W and they'd be sending Kluber out to the mound Thursday with a chance for the sweep.

Tribe up 3-0 in the fifth.

Walters has a bomb and House is pitching well.

Good win, get the sweep now.

Zach Walters would be the King of the 3 True Outcomes if it was only Two Outcomes (K and HRs). If we can get a couple years out of him like what Mark Reynolds did in his first few seasons in AZ that would be pretty awesome. I know that is a little unfair of a comparison to make since Reynolds was such an outlier but the power comes so easily for this kid.

Praying this is finally the push we have been waiting for all season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll never complain about a series win on the road. If we're going to make a run it's going to be by winning series on the road and getting sweeps at home.

They aren't really going to make a run, though. And if they did, last year pretty much flew in the face of what they were 'supposed' to do to make the playoffs but they did anyway. So who knows.

What I do know is this is yet again a pretty young team that has alot of guys to get experience for. If they make a real playoff push it is gravy in my opinion, not expecting it considering the combo of inexeperience and inconsistency of the starting rotation.

I'll have the Houston thread up tomorrow/later today.

I'll never complain about a series win on the road. If we're going to make a run it's going to be by winning series on the road and getting sweeps at home.
I'm going to complain, because we were playing the Twins. The Indians need to stomp on the soft teams every chance they get if they're gonna hang in this.

You're not going to sweep every bad team you play.

Just keep winning series, find a run here and there. Complaining about every non-sweep just sounds too ridiculous to even comment on.

So if Tribe is supposed to sweep every bad team we play, does that mean it is OK then if we lose every series to the team with a superior erecord? Since it is obvious the superior team should win a series? I mean that is what is supposed to happen, right?

You guys are reading too much into this. The wild card race is too bunched up right now and there is only a little more than 30 games left in the season. I'm strictly talking about what it would take for this team to make the playoffs. By not sweeping the Twins, you're gonna have to make up that lost win later on.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."