• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Team USA and FIBA 2014 World Cup

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
So Derrick Rose sat out four days worth of practices and a scrimmage due to "general soreness." When is the national media going to start calling him out for his mental weakness? If LeBron had sat out two days for soreness Skip Bayless would be crucifying him right now on First Take, yet we never hear anything about a guy who has been cleared to play and refuses to, or who sits out because he's sore. Russell Westbrook had three surgeries in less than a year after his meniscus tear and still played over half the NBA season last year and averaged 38.7 minutes in the playoffs.

So Derrick Rose sat out four days worth of practices and a scrimmage due to "general soreness." When is the national media going to start calling him out for his mental weakness? If LeBron had sat out two days for soreness Skip Bayless would be crucifying him right now on First Take, yet we never hear anything about a guy who has been cleared to play and refuses to, or who sits out because he's sore. Russell Westbrook had three surgeries in less than a year after his meniscus tear and still played over half the NBA season last year and averaged 38.7 minutes in the playoffs.

I think this is the first time people aren't blasting Rose about missing time. Up until then, he was always getting ragged on about it. Do you not remember "Before DRose Returns" memes?

I think this is the first time people aren't blasting Rose about missing time. Up until then, he was always getting ragged on about it. Do you not remember "Before DRose Returns" memes?

I'm talking the national media, not the fans.

Irving is 0-2 from the field with three assists and one turnover. Has played 5:31 thus far. I'm gonna keep his stats and will update in this thread. The two misses were acrobatic layups that almost went down.

Anyone else feel a little tickle in their stomach when Kyrie goes splash from 3?

Kyrie played all ten minutes in the second quarter. Puts him at 15:31 at halftime. Has a team-high 9 points. Also has tallied 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block.

He is only 2-6 from the field. But 1-2 from three and a perfect 4-4 at the charity stripe.

Overall, he is playing pretty well. The team is leading 52-47 at half.

It was actually entertaining in the first half when it was close.

Wow. Excellent choices though. Really feel like they made the right decision with these cuts.

Edit: Might've kept Parsons over Rudy Gay but that's not really a big deal. Both are good players.

I hate Rudy Gay and i think on this team its even more apparent he does not belong. I'm assuming hes there as he has experience which is something this team lacks. I really think the team goes as far as curry kyrie and davis take them

Rudy Gay always had talent, he just doesn't play in a team concept. Like Boogie, he is getting the best coaching of his career with the US team. Maybe he is finally "getting it".

Rudy Gay always had talent, he just doesn't play in a team concept. Like Boogie, he is getting the best coaching of his career with the US team. Maybe he is finally "getting it".

I hope so, but i think at his stage of his career he might be what he is, think of all the reps of doing stupid he has done.

Lots of likes to whoever can provide updates on the game, particularly on how Kyrie is playing. Cant watch at work
I started watching a little late, but I saw him make a nice lay up in the lane like he usually does. His defense looks pretty solid so far too.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."