• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't watching with full attention, but he didn't play great. Had a terrible post entry pass that led to a turn over (the other players really didn't help, but Kyrie forced the pass). And was beat a couple times by Berea.

Kyrie is younger than both. Steph Curry took years for it to all come together. And to be fair to Kyrie, sure he needs to grow up, but we've put him in bad situations that have yet to make the transition easier. It's not all Kyrie.

Talent wise he's definitely in their league. He has all the talent to be the best, that doesn't mean he is. He's not right now. No arguments at all.

If he can't grow both personally and as a player now, then there's literally no hope for him. He gets a pass from before. Especially last year. It's okay if he wasn't the leader we needed at age 21, or 22. Few really are at that age.

I remember leadership often being questioned (not to the same degree) with LeBron at times at that age. There's a million different ways to lead, and it's hard to expect someone that young to be the guy veterans, and everyone around them to look at all the time, when they themselves are still learning as they go.
I mean at the worst hes an all star...

Can't watch the game anymore, league pass broke,,,
But from what I've watched I can tell you Kyrie had a solid game. Didn't really look for his shot (but still led the team with 9 points heading into the third quarter) and had 5 or 6 assists. A couple of questionable plays but all in all, he played well, imo.

He played decently. He gambled too much on defense for my liking, which left the team defense vulnerable, but he wasn't the only one.

He played decently. He gambled too much on defense for my liking, which left the team defense vulnerable, but he wasn't the only one.

maybe it's something the coaches tell the guards to do?

Front court press and gambling for steals and if they get past them anthony Davis will be there waiting.

Last edited:
Someone on the the Bulls forum just said Irving is in "peak" form. God I can't wait til we destroy them this year.

maybe it's something the coaches tells the guards to do?

Front court press and gambling for steals and if they get past them anthony Davis will be there waiting.

As a longtime Duke fan, I'll just say this is Coach K's biggest weakness: he insists on aggressive perimeter defense whether or not his personnel is suited to it.

My biggest worry about this team is that Irving, Curry, and Harden are just about the worst combination of players I can think of to play the type of defense K will insist on.

As a longtime Duke fan, I'll just say this is Coach K's biggest weakness: he insists on aggressive perimeter defense whether or not his personnel is suited to it.

My biggest worry about this team is that Irving, Curry, and Harden are just about the worst combination of players I can think of to play the type of defense K will insist on.
Someone on the the Bulls forum just said Irving is in "peak" form. God I can't wait til we destroy them this year.

:chuckle:
They wish.

From Chris Sheridan:

Here are the totals for the two starting point candidates, including stats from the intrasquad scrimmage in Las Vegas:

Irving: 83 minutes; 45 points, 14-for-22 shooting (3-for-4 on 3s), 19 assists, 2 turnovers.
Rose: 52 minutes; 21 points, 7-for-12 shooting (1-for-3 on 3s), 7 assists, 7 turnovers.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/0...r-team-usa-gets-to-spain/#I3BDWzdlfoBFuM0J.99

He was better in the scrimmage but drose was the one that got the headlines.
He was better against Brazil but drose was the one who got the headlines
He was great against domican republic while drose was rest because he was "sore"
While they both played ok last night.

He was better in the scrimmage but drose was the one that got the headlines.
He was better against Brazil but drose was the one who got the headlines
He was great against domican republic while drose was resting because he was "sore"
While they where both played ok last night.

So right now kyrie deserves to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."